Recent content by Maria 535

  1. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Hello all, hope you are all well and did not suffer with the pandemic. What a year, it’s affected everyone in every walk of life. My thoughts are with those who we have lost and those still surviving. It’s been quite a while since my last post pre pandemic. in the last few months my knee has...
  2. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Hi all, sorry I have been absent for a while. Been battling bugs and a chest infection. I don’t know I seem to pick up every single bug going round at the minute, then finally to get a chest infection ☹️ I’m on the mend now and finished the antibiotics. I’ve still to have my flu jab yet and had...
  3. Maria 535

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Bonesmart has been my life saver too, my surgeon told to do the physio even if it hurt ☹️ which I did and like you had a lot of pain. It wasn’t until I stopped doing so much physio, iced and rested that my recovery got much better. Thanks to advice on this site. Hope it all goes well for you...
  4. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Thank you Jaycey, I think I am finally on my way. I’ve not always been patient, but now feel I am getting there. If my posts helps somebody, I will be even happier. Kind regards Maria xx:flwrysmile::happydance::happydance::flwrysmile:
  5. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Hi all, at last I have managed to see my surgeon ( following 2 cancelled appointments ) he is very pleased with my progress and told me to treat the knee like a normal knee. Do things that I would normally do on a day to day basis. Ok, so what’s normal, I’m not sure I know that now. Anyway...
  6. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Thank you for the advice, I am seeing doctor on Friday, so I’ll ask about it. Hope yours does not give you any more trouble. Kind regards Maria xx:)
  7. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Hi All, I’m here again, requesting help again:hairpulling: I am now finding that I am getting a burning sensation in my shin, it is very uncomfortable. I am icing and it eases eventually. Is this normal and what if anything can I do. Any advice would be very much appreciated :boohoo::boohoo...
  8. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Love the diagram and so true, ha ha. Even my husband laughed at this. Take care all, I’m back to icing again, even in bed. The nerve endings are driving me nuts :banghead: Kind regards Maria :cheers:
  9. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    I had my left knee done 6 years ago. That one is only at 105. I can do anything I want to.my new one is 113.so iam happy with that.but iam on couch today knee is really swollen. It’s up and down. Gets me disappointed Hi Judgar, so sorry that your knee is swollen, I guess it’s one day at a time...
  10. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Thank you for the responses, it helps a lot. I shall have to wait and see how I go on. Still icing and have an added exercise from my physio adviser. Take care & good luck to all Kind regards Maria xx :loveshwr::loveshwr:
  11. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Hi there, went to Physio yesterday and my ROM has improved going from 87 last time to 105. She said the target was 100 and would be happy for me to remain at 105. Is this correct? I wonder what your opinion is of this, should the target be higher. I know I am doing well, but would like to...
  12. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Thank you, it doesn’t always feel like it. The pains a lot easier to manage and I’ve managed to get my knee going again following my spell in hospital. Just at the minute it seems it’s one thing after another, but hey ho, we have to keep going. Thanks for the advice, take care kind...
  13. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Hi all, I think my knee is waking up. I can feel the nerves coming back to life, I presume this normal. Icing is helping as are paracetamol. But is there anything else I can do? Thank you Kind regards Maria :chinstroke::chinstroke:
  14. Maria 535

    TKR Bad day

    Hi there, well I went for my first drive today, post op. Felt a bit strange at first but soon got into it. Felt quite tired when I got back, but blinking heck, my knee has swollen again, so back to intense icing and it did look pretty good before driving. Hey ho, part of the journey I guess...
  15. Maria 535

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    I think that’s a question your surgeon should be able to answer. However I’m sure someone more qualified on here can advise. Good luck, take care Kind regards Maria
Back
Top Bottom