Recent content by Marguette

  1. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    Hi folks. As I approach the 2 year mark of my TKR, I have been reflecting on the journey. First I would like to say thank you for all your support in those first six months. I can now say that I can do just about anything I want. ...Walking more, bath and swim with no difficulty, ability to...
  2. Marguette

    TKR TKR June 6,2018 right leg numb little toe

    Hi Kazmeraz I've been thinking about you and wondering how you have been keeping. I hope you had a good holiday and that things continue to improve with your knee. Funny how uneventful life gets to be once you get past a certain point in your recovery. I'm doing well... the occasional twist of...
  3. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    Hey BS friends, Hope you all had a great holiday season. Just thought I would check in on all. I think life, over all, continues to improve. I would say the knee is 90% better. Still a bit of discomfort but can do most of what I need to do without pain. I sat on the floor today to play...
  4. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    Hi BS friends. Well it seems as with life getting busy and feeling quite a bit better, I take less time to be on the forum. I guess that's good news. I can now see some optimism and hope is turning into reality as my knee continues to improve. I can now climb up and down the stairs foot over...
  5. Marguette

    TKR TKR June 6,2018 right leg numb little toe

    Hi Kazmeraz. So good to hear all your good news. I'm now eight months post OP and really appreciate the progress. Still some tightness and weird feelings but overall, feeling much better. I too wondered about the word "chuffed". I had never heard it before and I was married to a Scott for 20...
  6. Marguette

    TKR TKR June 6,2018 right leg numb little toe

    Hi Kazmeraz Great news from the consultant. Sounds like he confirmed everything we learn here and put your mind at rest. Ditto on all of Jockette's comments. Strides are getting better, I continue to improve. At 7.5 months, I started using an exercise bike 20 min a day. I was pretty...
  7. Marguette

    TKR TKR June 6,2018 right leg numb little toe

    Hi Kazmeraz Hope you are feeling well today. Just wanting to say hi and hang in there. Cheers
  8. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    Hi BS friends Well, at 7.5 months post surgery, I finally have enough bend in my knee to go up and down stairs, albeit slowly and cautiously. I also picked up a basic folding exercise bike in new condition, at bargain basement price, and absolutely love it. On my first try, I was surprised and...
  9. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    Hi Jockette, in this day and age, anything goes. We dress for comfort not for style. You can always tell them it's the latest trend. But you're right, it's none of their business.
  10. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    Minus 45 c = minus 49 F
  11. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    I was thinking the same thing. I'm also holding off getting rid of snow pants even though I haven't worn them in 10 years or more. Maybe time to start knitting. Don't know how cold it gets your way but we can easily get down to minus forty in Jan,- Feb. and they are predicting an especially...
  12. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    Whoo Hoo! Another milestone. I was able to walk the loop around the nature trail at the dog park, 3.2 km. It took an hour and every step was cautious. I could feel the swelling increasing a bit but no pain. Is it my imagination or could I feel the cold of the metal at the back of my leg...
  13. Marguette

    TKR TKR June 6,2018 right leg numb little toe

    Hi Kazmeraz Glad you enjoyed the poem. I thought you might. Life is sure full of knocks, for you and for me, and I'm sure for many others. We don't get to this stage of life without having lived a few things. In time, the pain of events dims and we go on. I'm sure it us true of this knee...
  14. Marguette

    TKR TKR June 6,2018 right leg numb little toe

    Hi Kazmeraz Hope you are feeling better today. Thought I would share this poem I found today and it that it brings a smile. Hope you dont mind. ...on old age. "There's nothing whatever the matter with me; I'm just as healthy as I can be. I have arthritis in both my knees; And when I walk...
  15. Marguette

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    @Kazmeraz, thanks for your kind words. Grand kids are great, aren't they? Congratulations!!!
Back
Top Bottom