Recent content by Margueritte

  1. Margueritte

    two stage knee revision due to infection set for 1/16/15

    @diane33 How are you? Have been thinking about you! I had the second stage 3 weeks ago and think it was not as bad as the first stage. I had a mid thigh block placed at surgery that gave excellent pain relief. I went home with it and it was removed day five. I'm now doing PT and actually...
  2. Margueritte

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    Thanks @Jamie I think I updated correctly. Let me know if not. I had the PA check my knee yesterday and she said she thought the effusion would resolve with elevation and ice. She told me to ice it 6 times a day :). I'll certainly try! I'm getting a little bored watching the birds. I know...
  3. Margueritte

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    @Jamie Periforal pain catheter removed yesterday and have not had any pain. I don't have a lot of tissue swelling but today woke up with fluid in the joint space-an effusion. I called the on- call resident who told me to keep icing and elevating and call back if it increased or showed signs...
  4. Margueritte

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    Post op day 4. Not feeling great this AM. Feel generally out of it, right leg is swollen from knee down - not a lot. In general feel bloated and heavy. Kind of down. I'm sure I did too much yesterday and I'm sure I'm still getting over the anesthesia. I've put on my TED hose, taken my...
  5. Margueritte

    two stage knee revision due to infection set for 1/16/15

    Hope you will be feeling better with less pain. I've been doing fine but woke up this morning feeling like I'd been run over by a truck! The knee rules- so I'm elevating it with ice and pampering it today. Thinks about you and hope you are better soon!
  6. Margueritte

    two stage knee revision due to infection set for 1/16/15

    @diane33 Hi! I hope things are getting better for you! I had my second stage procedure on Monday 1/26 at Duke. This time I have had no pain due to the placement of a peripheral nerve catheter. I am home with a "pain ball" that will last at least through post op day 5. It uses Ropivicaine ...
  7. Margueritte

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    Thank you for the great advice! I had my new knee placed on Monday at Duke and have had NO pain! Once my spinal was placed they put in a peripheral nerve catheter which was inserted in my anterior thigh and threaded down to my knee. It does not restrict motion. I'm now at home with a pain...
  8. Margueritte

    Change Thread Titles

    When time could you change my thread name to " Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!"
  9. Margueritte

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    I had my new knee placed yesterday ! I have done well and due to the block I have above my knee have not had much pain. As soon as I got to the room I kept thinking I saw Emily's tail as she went by my bed. Good meds! There wasno sign if infection. I will leave tomorrow - post op day 2. I...
  10. Margueritte

    two stage knee revision due to infection set for 1/16/15

    @RestAssured Was the second knee replacement as bad as the first! I found the revision and the spacer not as bad. Thanks
  11. Margueritte

    two stage knee revision due to infection set for 1/16/15

    @dianne33 Hi I had my first knee replacement in 2012, a revision in 2013 , and an infection 2014! Kind of similiar! I was on Iv antibiotics for 6 weeks at home and am having my new knee Jan 26. We can get better together! I have an articulating spacer that has been pretty comfortable- much...
  12. Margueritte

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    Well- I finished antibiotics in November! My cultures from surgery grew coag neg staff so I was put on vancomycin. After 3 weeks I began to have episodes of shaking chills and fever - my temp would be higher each time. Infectious disease tlokd me I had flu.... After 2 trips to the ER when my...
  13. Margueritte

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    Hi @smile I had severe pain lateral lower leg to ankle starting immediately after surgery. It was especially painful when I would swing my leg somewhat medially- like getting on my bed or in a car. I had trouble at night as well and woke up every 15 minutes. No one addressed it as I had full...
  14. Margueritte

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    @klpgs Oh I can relate about leaving you dog and your concern! Emily is 2 1/2 and very attached. She moped the entire time I was in the hospital. When my husband came home every night she looked for me in every room and all over the yard and then came in and "howled" at him. My previous dog...
Back
Top Bottom