Recent content by MagnoliaMs

  1. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    Thank you! I start outpatient PT tomorrow! So far sling removal has been fine. Just staying in close range and think PT will have suggestions. Feel better about it.
  2. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    Hi friends, I will have the sling off after tomorrow at four weeks post op. Any advice about what I can and cannot do with arm. Do I keep it down and close or can I actually move elbow and stretch it out? I know one move I should not do which is a swing outward going back. But how did you...
  3. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    Hi, I have a new question. As I mentioned I don’t get good definitive answers from my care team. It has been quite frustrating. I asked about sleeping in bed. (Using recliner three weeks post op.) Was told I could. When I asked about protectingll. operated shoulder was told I could sleep on it...
  4. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    Thx. I will remove sling in two weeks which will be four weeks post op. Would I be able to put both hands on wheel then or is that too soon. I will wait for surgeon’s advice but I don’t get clear definitive answers there and am just wondering about the usual timeline.
  5. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    Hi, I am two weeks post op and had first doc appt yesterday. I don’t get a lot of clear, precise info from this office. It’s been frustrating but the surgery itself was fine. I asked about driving and got a hem and haw answer about I could drive with one arm now but regular driving was not soon...
  6. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    Oh I didn’t know about the community section. I crocheted with a group, did watercolor, and read and walked mainly. I, too, do puzzles, but it’s my dominant arm and typing is still pretty tedious. Holding a book in a comfortable position is a bit difficult but I am getting used to using my lap...
  7. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    I do have some visitors but haven’t gone out anywhere yet. I may need to push myself to do that. Not sure yet just what I can do so holding back. Have follow-up with doc next week and I am hoping to be more active after that.
  8. MagnoliaMs

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Moving Forward

    Just had standard shoulder replacement on Aug.13. Had two hip replacements 11 years ago but now I am a widow and family in other states. The days seem so long and uncomfortable…not pain but soreness, the sling, restrictive movement and limited to a few rooms. Don’t feel like reading yet and tv...
  9. MagnoliaMs

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    I have been away for quite a while. Just wanted to say hello and report hips are great. I forget I had surgery! For those facing this procedure--I had great fears and was a surgery novice. But it was a matter of time and effort not pain and terror. It was the best thing I could have done--forged...
  10. MagnoliaMs

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    I was a 2011 double-hippie! Life intervened and not all good. But my hips are great. This is a nice idea --the 2011 site--because if we want to just check in on occasion we can be found. My husband is ill and I am caregiver--and if I didn't have new hips we would both be in a facility. I...
  11. MagnoliaMs

    Interesting Study About Direct Anterior Hip

    This sounds too much like someone who has an agenda to maintain a practice for the traditional surgeons. Sorry--but the intensity of your argument seems to go beyond simply presenting some info for consideration. I had two DAA procedures and I did doctor shop. But what is the difference between...
  12. MagnoliaMs

    Make room for another one!

    Jo Best of luck with all the "work"coming up.
  13. MagnoliaMs

    THR All Done!!

    Yea!:yay: I wish I could send you some sunshine from Mississippi! It is so bright the geraniums are drooping. Waiting for the beer to cool:cheers: and I will salute you! Have a great recovery--and enjoy the downtime!!
  14. MagnoliaMs

    Anterior Approach

    Hi Jazz, It seems you have plenty of info now! I had two in 2011--both anterior--and, for me, I would do it no other way because I didn't want to go through six weeks of back sleeping and didn't want my muscles cut nor a largish incision. That mattered to me but doesn't matter to a lot of folks...
Back
Top Bottom