Recent content by Lynne12168

  1. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    @Jockette Hello how are you? I had high Hope's that I might get better results after taking the Medrol Dose Pack. Unfortunately things started to calm down around day 3. When I finished the pack it came just as bad, if not worse. My left leg also. I start physical therapy on 9/11. Thank you for...
  2. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    You're right on! That is exactly one of the areas and that sounds all too familiar as well :bawl:
  3. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    Hello Well I just wanted to say I did see my surgeon today, also got new x-rays which he said they looked good. After examining my leg he insists all my areas of pain are due to tendons and muscles that are in need of stretching and strengthening. Prescribed a Medrol Dose Pack and said I should...
  4. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    @Pumpkln Thank you so much @Izabel thank you, I just called the office and I'll be seen Wednesday. Do you mind if I ask why you're unable to bear weight? @SusieShoes thank you, I called and they'll see me Wednesday. Its severe pain in my calf and shin . All over below the knee all the way...
  5. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    @Jockette hello, how are you? I really think I should call my surgeon again. I think he just thinks I'm nuts. I truly think something's wrong. I don't hear anyone else saying that they aren't able to bear weight. My surgery was June 13th, I literally can not stand and walk. I have to stand...
  6. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    Thank you all for taking the time leave your thoughts and comments ❤
  7. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    @ Jockette, things are going ok. Thank you for asking I'm now coming to terms with the fact that my recovery is going to be different from others more so due to the fact that I am and "was" disabled prior to surgery. I have Cerebellar Ataxia. I have no balance, so I can not walk at all without...
  8. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    Hi all, my surgery was June 13, 2018, and I am still unable to just stand and walk. The minute I try to apply pressure I get sharp stabbing pain in the outside of my knee and down my calf. When I'm sitting I actually feel pretty good. Still icing. Swelling isn't too bad. I see the surgeon...
  9. Lynne12168

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    Best of luck to you
  10. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    1. 10 2. 325 3. photo 2 exercise.. 1.straight leg lifts 2.tighten quad, raise lower portion of leg with a rolled blanket under knee 3.tighten quad, push knee downward 4. Therapy band under foot, push outward- for strengthen calf/hamstring Thank you so much @Josephine
  11. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    I didn't when I first stand to bear weight immediately pain is 100. I canNOT bear any weight. I have to just stand still until the pain becomes bearable
  12. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    1. if I am sitting the pain ranges from 3 - 5 depending on if I am getting close to medicine time 2. I am taking 7.5 Hydrocodone. I can take every 4 hrs but I am trying not to 3. swelling now is under control with the use of ice machine 4. Flexion is pretty good, not sure of the #. Extension...
  13. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    Absolutely! Thank you Jockette I'm sorry Celle
  14. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    @Jamie Thank you so much. A little more detail. I had my TKR on June 13, 2018. The right knee. My situation is complex. I have Cerebellar Ataxia. I have no balance. I can not walk indoors without a walker, and I use an electric wheelchair outdoors. Due to this my recovery may be slower...
  15. Lynne12168

    TKR Lynne's Recovery Thread<

    Hi @Josephine , I would love your input. I'd say its DRF1 and all the way down Thank you so much Lynne12168
Back
Top Bottom