Recent content by luvinlex

  1. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I might have mentioned, this happened to me once after a long period of stress and trauma. Good hairdresser can do wonders, my hair looked great, she just cut layers, and dunno know why, but it looked so good. My loss of hair worried me, but I read up on stress induced hair loss, understood why...
  2. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I've got the same little dog poo as well. When I got her and was working all the time, I just could not leave her home all day without a pee. So, trained her on pads as a pup. That was good because it took care of NOT taking her on walks. My story was really funny looking back, but oh...it was...
  3. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I was a mess... and also on antidepressants before and after. I would person and person all day, want to be left alone, kept blanket and pillow on sofa and stayed there where I could watch Netflix. No bushing teeth, bathing, or even changing sheets...no housecleaning so nightgowns and things started...
  4. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I kept washing it, but as seldom as possible. But realized the hair was going to fall out anyway so just get it over with. I seem to only lose a normal amount now. Re "Poop Fairy" - I SWEAR by Milk of Magnesia...and you will poop for sure the next day. If you've become backed up, this will...
  5. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I can't hardly believe what I wrote only 4 days ago. The difference? I had someone who cared. Someone that understood depression but also knew it was ME that needed to make it better. It was ME that had to get things done. Knowing how I felt and how overwhelmed I was, she helped a lot by taking...
  6. luvinlex

    Shower Suction Grab Bar Question?

    You mentioned you had showers... do you also have a tub? I shopped before my THR for a handle or something to grab if I did lose my balance. The medical supply house I went to told me to not even think about the ones with suction cups. That they won't hold your body weight if you had to quickly...
  7. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I have studied the cause of this hair loss, and was interested if other people experienced it. It happened when my mother died 3 years ago and I was her caregiver in her own home. Incredible stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, and then the trauma of watching her take her last breath. About 3...
  8. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Well, just be thankful the hair WILL grow back. Play with a short hairstyle for awhile maybe even change the color! Go from brunette to blonde, or even red! I think that would be a lot of fun. I know I'll at least cut it to my shoulders and maybe even shorter. I'm sure that will make it look...
  9. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    So true, and as I had mentioned, it's in "real time" and you're not reading posts from 2011!
  10. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    ddj, we are close as I'm just finishing my 7th week... Yes, the emotional part took me completely by surprise. I even called the "joint" nurse and emailed her some articles stressing how they should have someone that like Home Health, can stop by to see how you are, not just what your blood...
  11. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Good article from Psychology today regarding depression post THR https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hot-thought/201201/having-hip-replacement-2
  12. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I too am glad I found this forum and know I'm not alone. I may suggest to the "Joint Nurse Coordinator" that they add counseling to their post op therapy. Only if they see signs, and my signs should have set off bells and red lights. I had an especially hard time, and people handle depression so...
  13. luvinlex

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    "Knee boards""Poop Fairy"? heh heh.. That clump was after my second shampoo after surgery ( 8 weeks post op now ) and I just washed my hair again a little while ago, and yup, I got another big handful, but not as much as the first. What people have told me vs what I know. The girl that does my...
Back
Top Bottom