Recent content by Lululucy

  1. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    @Layla Thanks Layla! I think I can get him to do that. It certainly will save on the bending. You have a great weekend also!
  2. L

    Mireille's RTHR

    @Mirielle You have been through a lot! From what I understand you should find your hip surgery a little easier. Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery. :yahoo:
  3. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    @Jackie222 @Mojo333 Thanks ladies! Your confirmation makes me feel better. I had a pedicure today ( much needed!!). And found sitting in the chair with knees up felt awkward. Survived it though. Any suggestions for bending over to pick something up? My little dog for instance. I use the...
  4. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    @Layla , @MammaT Thanks for the tips! Just feels more secure to ease in.
  5. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    @Lululucy Hi everyone! I have a question about hip precautions. I saw my surgeon yesterday and was given the go ahead to drive :loveshwr: and he also told me I could drop my hip precautions. I am at 8 weeks post-op. This has made me a bit nervous. Do I just start sitting in regular chairs...
  6. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    Bebe I hear you on the basement clear out!! I started the bike at 4 1/2 weeks at my physio’s suggestion. I have access an upright bike so now do ten or so minutes a few times a week. Am going to up that time to 15 min if I can. The bike is a stationary upright bike meaning your knees are not...
  7. L

    February 10 is my big day

    You will find all the help and support you need here in this forum. People are incredibly kind and happy to share and support. You are right to be excited, it is so much better on the other side! All the best!:thumb:
  8. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    Thank you all! Good to know this is normal at this stage. I will try the stretching and pausing befor trying to walk as suggested. And so right, so much better than before surgery. I do find the upright bike helps with stiffness as well. Thank you all!:flwrysmile:
  9. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    Just wondering, does anyone else experience stiffness after sitting? Once I take a few steps I can walk well. I am now walking most of the time without out a walking aid. Is this something that goes away with time and gaining strength? Thanks!
  10. L

    whoo the pain

    Not sure if this would be possible for you but I found massage therapy really helped with my pain. My therapist was amazing! Not sure if icing may bring some relief as well. So sorry for what you are going through.
  11. L

    Did you have referred pain in your knee?

    Often the pain in my knee was worse than the pain in my hip. After surgery, no knee pain!
  12. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    What I love most about this sight is everyone is so supportive. Thank you all! Off to Physio tomorrow so will discuss excercises with her. Stiffness has let up after two days of no excercises. Except walking! Thanks MommaT!
  13. L

    House Supplies

    I agree with Layla, a grabber is invaluable. I use mine to dress , put clothes in washer and dryer (I have a stackable so too low to bend) pick up and move my shoes etc. Even use it to pick up my shampoo bottle in the shower. Ice packs also. I have been off all meds after the first 10 days and...
  14. L

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    Thanks Layla, I didn’t excercise today and I don’t have the stiffness. Sorry about derailing the thread, I am afraid ai dont understand how to post under my thread. I am claiming operation brain fog!! :shrug:
  15. L

    THR Lululucy in recovery

    I know what you mean, some days I still feel a burning pain around my incision that then goes away. Each day things can change. The stiffness in my leg is much better today. I didn’t do my excercises just went for a walk instead. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your reminder that...
Back
Top Bottom