Recent content by Lucia631

  1. Lucia631

    Sunscreen

    My surgeon told me to protect my knee scar from the sun. What sunscreen do you use?
  2. Lucia631

    Pre-op done - getting ready questions

    Can anyone recommend a ice pack that’s good for the hip. That’s one thing I didn’t buy.
  3. Lucia631

    How soon after TKR surgery can you go swimming?

    I’m a bit paranoid. Anyone afraid of getting infections from a public pool?
  4. Lucia631

    Leg Lifter

    I guess I’m afraid not to use TEDS since I had an embolism years ago. But I’ve been on warfarin for years. No clue how I’m gonna get them on and my surgeon wants thigh ones!
  5. Lucia631

    Clothing question

    I don’t know if I’ll swell a lot so I need advice for pants/ capris for PT and house. Wide bottoms? Anyone recommend stores in US? IM ON Long Island. I don’t own nightgowns , should I buy some.
  6. Lucia631

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    My new surgery date is April 11. Very happy as it will be spring.
  7. Lucia631

    Pillows

    My THR is March 12. Do you suggest any special pillows to help with sleep?
  8. Lucia631

    Newbie with lots of questions

    I had my TKR in July. I bought most equipment...a toilet seat, a recliner, I had to buy the cyro machine, my hospital insisted, a chair lift, I’m on second floor apartment, a shower chair, a walker, a cane, sweats, new sneakers.
  9. Lucia631

    Leg Lifter

    I did this with my knee replacement.
  10. Lucia631

    Leg Lifter

    Any suggestions on how to put compression socks on by myself? I’m nervous. My date is March 12. I keep saying it can’t be as bad as my knee was!
  11. Lucia631

    Did you teach yourself to sleep on your back before surgery?

    I bought a recliner and a chairlift before my knee replacement surgery in July. I love my recliner, I’d reconsider!
  12. Lucia631

    Leg Lifter

    Thanks. What about a chair pad?
  13. Lucia631

    Did you have referred pain in your knee?

    I have no hip pain at all. All my pain is in my knee. I’ve seen my X-ray and my hip is totally disintegrating. Surgery is March 12, Hope limping stops!
  14. Lucia631

    Leg Lifter

    I’m scheduled for hip replacement surgery March 12. I will be alone most of the time so I want to be prepared. I have a lot of gadgets since I did my knee in July. Do you think I need a leg lifter or bed rail?
  15. Lucia631

    2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Thanks! Do you think I need a leg lifter. Someone suggested it. I’m always on blood thinners and have to bridge with injections prior to surgery so I’m sure I’ll need them again, I see my surgeon Friday. Getting nervous! I don’t have much pain in my hip so I’m hoping for an easier recovery as...
Back
Top Bottom