Recent content by Loz

  1. Loz

    THR Had my second hip replacement in a little over a year!

    I didnt have any PT and really worked on my own. Squats, by sliding my back up and down the wall..10 at first and then just worked up. But dont squat further than 45 degrees. Laid on my left side and moved the right leg up and down, after a while I started using a rubber band. swimming...
  2. Loz

    THR Had my second hip replacement in a little over a year!

    I had 3 THR on my right side in less than 3 years!! (a long story which is documented here somewhere ) it does take longer and I had to work hard on the muscles as I had a lot of surgery on the 3rd replacement. 18 months later it still aches down the scar after long walks but its bearable, even...
  3. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Well after 3 years 1 month, 3 total hip replacements, 1 DVT and many weeks/ months in a lot of pain limping around I have now been given the ok:happydance: I can now walk upright without pain and no limp and even found myself running across the road without even thinking about it!! My surgeon...
  4. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Well here we are all back home. Many thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Well where to start!!! I managed to see the notes from the operation so thought I would share them. (in Drs short hand) Findings; Cloudy fluid +t, metal/metal joint, stem loose proximally but well fixed distally...
  5. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Well that's all over, didn't get long with the surgeon as I was v tired , but he has replaced everything and I had a ceramic hip put in. The stem was loose at the top but fixed at the bottom so he had a lot of trouble getting it out, ended up Chipping down the inside of femur to get it out...I...
  6. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Thanks Annette, its all go for tomorrow 22/11, lets just hope its 3rd time lucky, as although a pragmatic, and cup half full type of bloke this is starting to get me down... Whats the record?? I must be close with 3 new hips in less than 3 years. I will post again after the deed is done...
  7. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    @Josephine Hi Jo. Yes the present stem is uncemented. It was not so much that , that needed explaining it was: is recent SPECT scan of the right hip shows fairly marked activity around the femoral component. This is particularly noticeable distally where he has fairly gross hypertrophy of the...
  8. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Hi Jo, Yes the present stem is uncemented. It was not so much that , that needed explaining it was: is recent SPECT scan of the right hip shows fairly marked activity around the femoral component. This is particularly noticeable distally where he has fairly gross hypertrophy of the femur...
  9. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Thanks Annette, I don't know how to tag Jo?? Wish you the best for your revision and yes I am still on for the 22/11 as this ties in with a good time to have of work. All the best and chin up!! Loz x
  10. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    I might need some help with this letter received today (and I have Google'd the words as well!!) His recent SPECT scan of the right hip shows fairly marked activity around the femoral component. This is particularly noticeable distally where he has fairly gross hypertrophy of the femur. His...
  11. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Hi All. Well I now have a new op date of the 22 of November. I went to see the consultant last week and was shown the CT scans and the nuclear scans. Well the nuclear scans showed a very bright light in the middle of the femur, and left the consultant in no doubt that the stem would have...
  12. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    That's great Jo thank you very much...much as I expected, by just knowing the pain was in the middle of the thigh and not muscular. Although I was nearly convinced by the consultant keep telling me to do more exercises that it was muscular. I am trying to loose a few pounds for my holiday and...
  13. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Hello again, Just got this letter from the consultant..it is to my GP with me on copy. I must admit I never had these before. Here is the crux of the letter, if anyone could say what it all means that would be great. In December 2010 he underwent what sounds like a metal on metal total...
  14. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Than you all for your help, it means so much. I know there was something wrong but seemed to have been pushed from pillar to post, and in my rather nieve way have just gone with the flow....I wont get cross but thinking that every step I have taken in the last 3 years has caused me mild...
  15. Loz

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Thank you very much for that information Jo. The occification is on the outside of my bone just a about half way up the stem? Now sounding a bit thick..I presume the consultant that's performed most operationsâ˜ș
Back
Top Bottom