Recent content by LowFlo

  1. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Day 10 - Last night was a particularly bad one. Restless leg syndrome, --jerking, jumping, and a deep ache in my hip too. I just didn't know where to put myself! Feel absolutely wiped out today. Really lazy Sunday!
  2. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Great plans, eh? Typical I suppose, I have so many plans, so far, none have started. I did more when I was in hospital, knitted, read & sewed a little. Since home all I've done is prepare meals & wash dishes. Speaking of which, off to make mushroom omelettes. :heehee:
  3. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Oh dear, brainfade! I'm going on about Peas & Sweetcorn, with no previous mention of what on earth I'm going on about! Well, I was at my Practice Nurse having my dressing checked/changed yesterday & I got a taxi to the Waitrose at the end of my road and bought a bag of frozen peas. I had a wee...
  4. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Good idea re the Cooler, may try & shoehorn that in with everything else. In the meantime it's Pea & Ham soup on the menu. May try Sweetcorn too! The draft thing is puzzling me, I've seen the draft saved automatically - in a little flashed window. And I have saved manually using the save button...
  5. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Thank you Laura. Ice is a problem for me as my freezer is downstairs in the basement
  6. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Oh! You have no idea - actually you probaby do! I had, yet again written a fairly lengthy screed. With the occasional rewrite as I nodded off every so often, it was almost ready for posting when I blinked looked again, & 2 hours have gone past & my comments had been replaced by a row of...
  7. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Hence the reason, off work & no driving? :heehee:
  8. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Actually, sorry, I did do the dishes & the tidying! Albeit, I'm a dab hand with my 'Helping Hand' and using my crutches as chopsticks! Anyway after a couple of Tramadol I've managed a good 4 hours sleep! I hate that, I had 3 paragraphs of stuff typed out in response, snoozed off - -...
  9. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Well, here we go again, 0200 hrs & I'm awake & feeling sorry for myself. Once I got home, just before 1300, it's been a whirl of tidying up, washing dishes, preparing meals, more tidying & neighbours popping in to say hello, (including the lovely Boo - cockapoo thing) I'm shattered, I rather...
  10. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Sorry I keep on having little snoozes. zzzzzzz the worst thing for me at the moment is restless legs - Driving me up the wall! I can't seem to find a comfortable position, so I'm up & down, walking around & lots of catnaps through the day. The physios were pleased with my progress & all the...
  11. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Sorry for the delay in updating. The first day after surgery was a whirl of activity, physios, Surgeon, OT's, Pain Nurse -who's still to come back for a chat, XRays, etc etc. Plus constant monitoring of Blood Pressure & temperature. Oh and of course visitors! My Husband & Mother made it in to...
  12. LowFlo

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    I'm done! I am now titanium from the hip down - right side only. Feeling quietly hopeful. Just finished breakfast & had a facetime chat with my husband the local Council Social Home care (Cordia) came in & have dealt with his issues this morning. They even made it down to my basement washing...
  13. LowFlo

    Finally, Right hip replacement on its way.

    Thank you all for the good wishes - we are not alone! :friends:
  14. LowFlo

    Finally, Right hip replacement on its way.

    Rightio! We're off and running! I got the letter confirming my date, and had my phone call 'reminding' me of the date & another one checking that I haven't changed anything or caught anything since my pre-op. I am so excited it's ridiculous! So - 0730hrs I check in to the Golden Jubilee Hospital...
  15. LowFlo

    Finally, Right hip replacement on its way.

    Now - that is a definite, MammaT ! Must admit that I sometimes don't go out when it's icy. Sometimes 3-4 days!
Back
Top Bottom