Recent content by louie

  1. L

    TKR Hawkie's Sunbeam Journey

    I really know how you feel, cuz once you did one, it's hard to schedule the other! My first one was harder than my second, and I wanted to not do it at all, but circumstances forced me to get it done, and it has been almost a year now, and I feel normal! No more of that awful pain, and I can do...
  2. L

    TKR Christine's Post Op Recovery

    Hope you have a great vacation. So sorry things didn't turn out well with your tkr. I had mine done in july also, it was my second one, and this one was better than my other one. I agree with the others about getting a second opinion. You need to find out why you still have pain. We live in NY...
  3. L

    TKR one week done!

    Hi everyone, I have reached my 5 month mark, and this is my second tkr, my other knee was done a year ago. Well, now that both have been done, I actually forget I have had tkr, cause I feel normal again. I went Christmas shopping with my daughters, for the first time in about 3 years, and walked...
  4. L

    TKR one week done!

    My last year's knee is stiff after standing for most of the morning and I may sit for a few to give myself a break, but then it stays stiff, and makes me feel tired! Is this gonna be the norm for me?
  5. L

    TKR one week done!

    I have had both knees done, ltkr oct 2014, and r tkr in july 2015, and my question is, how long before the stiffness goes away?? I have been back to work about a month now, and on my feet most of the day, and there are some days I feel like I have 20lb weights attached to my knees! There isn't...
  6. L

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Good morning, and how are you?? We went to the gym yesterday, and had a really good work out!: my daughter, Michelle, pushes me, and anyway, I tried doing light lunges, and haven't been able to do them since my knees went kaput! I was able to do them, for the first time ever!:roseshwr:I am...
  7. L

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hi there, and believe me, everyone on this site can relate to what you are going through! I had my second knee done July 22, and first one oct 2014, so the first is just 1 year! Going through this recovery period is challenging, for sure, and you still have to give it time! And one thing I...
  8. L

    TKR Drug addiction question

    Hi there, been reading your posts, and I just want ed to say, that I had both of my knees done, my left last oct, and my right this past july! And with having them both done, I feel I have 2 strong knees! Going through it the second time isn't bad at all, and I seem to get through it even better!
  9. L

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    @Bsmeahan, when I had my first knee done, I did cry a lot, and felt myself getting very depressed! I also wondered why I had gone ahead and had the surgery. Never having had surgery before, I never realized how hard it was to bounce back! I also figured I would be back to work within a month, no...
  10. L

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    I am just amazed you had both knees done, and what you are doing already! I think it's great, and gives others hope! After having my second knee done in july, just hitting the 3 month mark, I am back to work, and back at the gym, now that my pt is finished! I have days where I can't do much, and...
  11. L

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    Oh for sure, pain stops you in your tracks! We groom a lot of aussies, and border collies! We had a male aussie, and also horses at one time! Randy, our aussie, love to herd them, and the horses wouldn't let him! And he got kicked really good a couple of times! He loved our gelding, and it was...
  12. L

    TKR Amy's Right Knee

    Welcome to this forum! Everyone on here is great, and helps you out anytime you need! Wow, sorry to hear about the stroke, although it sounds like you are doing better! Don't be discouraged if you have to rest more one day than another! I am 11 weeks post op, and have started back to work...
  13. L

    TKR one week done!

    Ok! Thank you, and I will ask him!!
  14. L

    TKR one week done!

    Actually I need some advice, about having a colonoscopy, which I am due to have. How long after a tkr, should I wait?? Right now I am at 10 weeks post op!!
  15. L

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    I am always amazed at people who have both knees done and everyone on here has given you great advice! I had both knees done, but one at a time. My left last Oct, and almost a year old and right done in July, just about 9 weeks now! When I had my first one done, I kept comparing myself to...
Back
Top Bottom