Recent content by Lotty78

  1. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    So update having visited physio today. He confirmed what I had guessed I basically need to learn to walk again. He said that all the years of compensating for a hip that was obviously never right, a misaligned pelvis etc have basically led to no real muscles/strength in the right side and so in...
  2. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    @leeja you are right it does feel more supported. I've just done 2hrs in bed... That's my limit it seems and now really sore again so back in the armchair. I just wish mine was a recliner so I could elevate my feet a little. Sound like a right moaning Minnie but I don't do well without sleep...
  3. Lotty78

    THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

    @Tweetybrd loving catching up with your progress. Sounds like you are being very sensible. I'm adopting your attitude for my trip to the PT next week and if not prepared to work on what I want (side abduction .... Have none but found my abductors were cut as a child when I had hip dysplasia)...
  4. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    For goodness sake....I was really proud of the fact I ventured outside today and walked quite a way for the first time! I then got excited as I managed a nap on the bed! So tonight thought I might be able to actually go to bed for the first time since coming out of hospital. Nope lasted 15...
  5. Lotty78

    Twilight and Spinal

    I had spinal block and epidural and was sedated. I don't remember anything after going into the operating theatre and being turned over on the bed until being told it was all over 3hrs later. Recovery much better than general and yes I have a bruise on my back (badge of honour) and did still...
  6. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    @mlsread ha ha think you've hit the nail on the head.... Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
  7. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    OK I will wait until I see my surgeon at outpatients appointment mid March and see what he recommends etc. I'm so desperate to fill my time..... Can you tell! Such a bad patient in all senses of the word. [emoji13] Thank you again Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
  8. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    @jacey Thanks. I'm hoping to go to see my orthopodiatrist in the coming weeks so that will help too I imagine with sorting gait and if I need orthotics etc. 4 to 6 weeks time do you think for this? Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
  9. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    Today's update: I managed quite a good few hours on the bed this morning and even managed to doze for a bit too. Pain medication in quick succession think may have aided that [emoji33] However both legs and feet so swollen! Leg length difference starting to become noticeable.... Does this change...
  10. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    Thank you as you will tell I have no idea what I'm doing on any front...Posting or hippying [emoji85] Yeah I'm leaving dressing until I was told as have been told it is normal for dressing to look like that and as long as wound isn't giving me loads of pain etc then it is normal oozing. Just...
  11. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    @B HIP @Jacey have tried stacking up the pillows to no avail so in the chair which would be great if I could recline a bit but in the 90° position. I did try to go onto my side in bed and soon realised why I'm not supposed to! [emoji87] So just catching those naps in the chair and hoping I clock...
  12. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    I'm day 6 post thr and progressing ok apart from not being able to sleep or spend any amount of time in bed to be honest. Just wondering whether I should be changing my dressing as it is looking fairly disgusting. It was last changed prior to hospital discharge on Tuesday and was told it would...
  13. Lotty78

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    Well after all that messing about with dates and over 2 years of waiting I'm home tonight having had a RTHR on Friday evening! All good in hospital mobilising well with elbow crutches but no sleep since day before op is taking its toll and will only get worse I fear as I'm already barking at...
  14. Lotty78

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    @Tweetybrd @mlsread @bottomshollow Thank you.... Will be ringing tomorrow to chase new date! Good luck January Jackpots!!!
  15. Lotty78

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Absolutely devastated to say I won't be a January Jackpot....My op has been cancelled Waiting on new date.... Gutted didn't begin to cover it
Back
Top Bottom