Recent content by Lori8180

  1. Lori8180

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    Hello ya'll. I am 4 weeks post op and things are going great except for a shooting pain down the outer part of my leg starting at the operated hip all the way to my foot. Also affects the inner groin area. My PT states I have Piriformis syndrome. Any thought on how any of you personally dealt...
  2. Lori8180

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    I think each story is different. No one truly knows anyone else's circumstances prior to surgery. I dealt with progressive decompensation for 7 years. I can't expect my body to just go back 7 years in 3 weeks. LOL I do anticipate some discomfort and stiffness and some hard work ahead of me. But...
  3. Lori8180

    Bilateral THR I made it through bilateral THR- guess I'm officially a hippie

    I am just 3 weeks post op. I get this burning dull pain down my thigh as the day progresses and I believe it's my Femur adjusting. Give that part time. It's not unusual for all of us to grow something like that on the skin as natural bacteria live there. Make sure to keep it clean. I took the...
  4. Lori8180

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    Thanks everyone for so much support and caring.
  5. Lori8180

    Has anyone been put on aspirin to avoid DVT-curious

    Well that's why I was asking. I've had pulmonary emboli post surgery after my hysterectomy
  6. Lori8180

    Has anyone been put on aspirin to avoid DVT-curious

    Awesome... My doc gave me lovenox the first two weeks. I'm not too compliant with the tourniquet / ted hose. I put myself on Asa 325mg 2x day but I'm a noncompliant poster child RN. The doc is well aware of my push back and uses my nurse knowledge against me often...... HAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE MY DOC...
  7. Lori8180

    Has anyone been put on aspirin to avoid DVT-curious

    Have any of you been placed on aspirin post surgery for DVT formation prophylaxis ? I was placed on lovenox for 2 weeks and I had pulmonary emboli after surgery in the past. Just curious to know if the docs are using this method or if it seems effective.
  8. Lori8180

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    2 weeks 4 days post op today and counting......the body and mind are amazing aren't they? So much healing and adaptation over a short time? We are truly miracles.
  9. Lori8180

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    :chillpill:Oh Josephine !!! I laughed so hard when I read your post. Thank you for brightening my day! I had physical therapy yesterday and I have to say that the day after PT is exhausting for me. I turn into a monster and just need some rest. My family sees it coming in advance already. The...
  10. Lori8180

    THR My recovery - RTHR 7/29/2014

    So happy and excited for you!!! I wish you a safe, uncomplicated recovery. I know what it feels like to be anxious to get back to my life but I'm trying to keep in perspective how short 6weeks is and to give my body some rest to heal itself. I'm also very active and so it's not working out too...
  11. Lori8180

    THR Chessie checking in!

    Oh congrats to you and best wishes on a safe, relatively pain free , restful recovery my friend!
  12. Lori8180

    THR Post Op 7/14/14

    So happy for you!! Just wondering, what are you able to manage at this point? What does a typical day look like for you?
  13. Lori8180

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    I'm having ankle and knee discomfort too. I think my walking was so far out of wack due to hip pain prior to surgery it is going to take time to get it back. I'm going to mention to my physical therapist tomorrow. I swear those therapist are like nazi's lol
  14. Lori8180

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    Yea I think I just want to curl up in a fetal position but my hip says otherwise. I can't sleep on either side or my tummy and when I put my leg straight in bed it's uncomfortable so I elevate and ice all night. I get up and take a shower, make my bed, get my coffee, pick up the house a little...
  15. Lori8180

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    Thank you so much. I really love this wonderful supportive site. It helps me make it through every day.
Back
Top Bottom