Recent content by ljrfrm

  1. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    So happy that you're doing so well! :)
  2. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    I'm so happy for you and how well you have recovered. I'm glad I could play a small part in your recovery (very small). It's great to read such a positive update! :)
  3. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    LOL, I have the same problem. I guessed you meant 2015, and then saw your surgery date under your post. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year since I was just post-surgery.
  4. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Thanks @Birdy - hope all is going well for you!
  5. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Thanks for checking in :) My work week flew by pretty quick and before I knew it, it was weekend (although that flew by quickly also!). My knees continue to slowly improve - and I found myself going down the stairs very quickly (not quite running, but close to it!) and was impressed with...
  6. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    One year update and Happy One Year to @Crow22 - my surgery buddy!! Its been an up and down year but I think I'm finally headed in the right direction. After starting out well, I struggled for several months but am finally moving forward. On the positive side of things, I ache much less than...
  7. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    So glad to see the update - as I mentioned, I wondered how you are doing. I'll post my one-year update tomorrow (too tired now!) - and while my recovery hasn't been as quick or problem-free as I would have liked, I'm getting to where I eventually want to be as well.
  8. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    @Crow22 I was so happy to see you post on the other thread - I've often wondered how you are doing. Can you believe it's been a year? I'm so glad to hear how well you are doing. Can't wait to see a full update! Happy Birthday to you knees!!!
  9. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    I am back home and off to work this morning. I will post an update to my thread soon :) I think being a little "chicken" still is normal - and probably a good thing so you don't overdo it! I'm so happy with how much you are able to do now!!
  10. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    Great job! I did a long beach hike too in Bermuda the other day. It was over 15,000 steps and 74 flights of stairs on my Fitbit with all the hills and climbing up the rocks!
  11. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    It's wonderful to read such a great report - your recovery is a testament to your preparation before the surgery and persistence in recovery after. It's great to read how well you are doing - and how far to come! I'm sure it's also very helpful for those that are waiting for surgery - that...
  12. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Hi @Threads! Yes, it's a long 3 day weekend for me - yay!! 11 month update: Today is 11 months since my surgery. It's sure been a roller coaster ride. I am seeing some minor improvements which keeps me hopeful I'm on the right track. I have no idea why I've had such a difficult time -...
  13. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    Welcome home. I'm so glad to hear your knees behaved. It's amazing that you were able to scramble over rocks and walk trails, even if you didn't climb mountains!! You've had such a great recovery :)
  14. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    I took Celebrex before my surgery and the first two months after the BTKR. I didn't seem to have any side effects then. Hopefully I won't have any issues now either. I have felt a bit better the last few days (which makes me feel hopeful!) - I definitely feel stronger which is definitely the...
  15. ljrfrm

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    @iivesfam5 We are on NCL also. We planned this also for one year post-surgery to celebrate it being done. Our 25th anniversary was the week before my surgery - so this is a delayed celebration for that also! I got my Celebrex approved by the insurance company finally so started it today...
Back
Top Bottom