Recent content by LinKay

  1. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    Thought I would share this picture of myself my husband and our friends walking to the height of 3,600 ft above sea level at Black Rock Mountain in Dillard, Ga I am the blond in the turquoise shirt! I am 6 months post Bilateral knee replacement (actually they were done a week apart as the doc...
  2. L

    Dragonfly's New Knee

    My OS & PA told me at my last appointment (3 months post Bilateral TKR). They said for sure 2 years after surgery antibiotics an hour before appointment and to be safe do it every time. I have a friend with Lupus who has had her knees replaced twice and she recently went to get a tattoo and just...
  3. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    @Josephine My original question was: now I am off oxycodone is the Tylenol/ iburophen combination still a correct protocol for pain and inflammation It was from a very old thread and have not found it updated Basically 3 x a day 1000 mg Tylenol 800 mg ibuprofen that is a max of 3000 mg of...
  4. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    I understand the issue is one of space in our freezer for water bottles I'll check but my hubby is the chef and grocery shopper thus he has filled the freezer up. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  5. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    Got it thanks KarriB Am currently elevated and icing will make sure to time it I am blessed that I had two friends with ice machines so I have one for each knee. My husband jokingly says that the ice will end up costing more than the surgery LOL Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    I elevate for an hour and keep the ice on for a minimum of 20 minutes and I do this several times a day 3 minimum typically 4 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    Wondering if the Tylenol/Ibuprofen cocktail 3x's a day is still effective and recommended for pain and swelling? I am off of oxycodone and wanting to reduce swelling. I am religious about icing and elevating. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. L

    Dragonfly's New Knee

    Yea!!! Congratulations Sent from my iPhone
  9. L

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    MCS1267 we have 16 steps up to go to our condo. So I learned at the rehab facility how to get up the steps with the cane. I was home for about two weeks which would have been 4 weeks post surgery when I thought to myself I was developing some pretty bad habits (right leg was 4 week - left was...
  10. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    Jennszoo We did go on a 7 day Caribbean Cruise with our son & DIL & grands I asked the doctor first and he said sure go and have a good time but take your walker and cane for stability I used the cane on board and the walker when we went to shore I was glad to have both I was able to use the...
  11. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    KarriB I am now realizing my hope to get back to teaching yoga in May after my Bilateral TKR will probably not happen. I have changed my goal to September it will then have been 6 months. Hard to teach if I can not confidently walk across the room to either demonstrate touch or adjust or...
  12. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    Josephine yes Thank You Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. L

    Bilateral TKR Ok, I've had my bilateral!

    I was very glad I went to a rehab facility prior to going home. It gave me time to assimilate what was going on and ask lots of questions and do some light PT. Having both knees done a week a part I was unsure of how I would manage the 16 steps into my condo. Liked that I also got occupational...
  14. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    Good Morning fellow TKR & BTKR Friends Today my right TKR is 6weeks old and the left is 5 weeks old. Before I had this surgery I was told by the Doc and some fellow TKR friends that 6 weeks is a magic number. That everything will feel more normal. Actually I believe I have yet to find that...
  15. L

    New Knees for LinKay

    Should say watch the clock Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom