Recent content by Lindylee

  1. L

    Ankle Talonaviculnar Fusion

    Sounds like you’re doing well. I haven’t attempted anything like 6 miles yet but mainly because my left leg is still giving me grief and that kicks in much before the foot does. I’m debating whether to see anyone about it but not sure there’s much point. it will be interesting to compare notes...
  2. L

    Ankle Talonaviculnar Fusion

    Well it’s now 6 months after surgery and I thought it might be useful (or not!) to document how I am now. More often than not my foot is pain free walking providing it’s not been too long off it. I’ve learnt not to do my all my foot exercises in the morning if I have a busy day ahead. Far...
  3. L

    TKR Help following a private TKR

    That doesn’t look great does it. :no-fin:
  4. L

    TKR Help following a private TKR

    @Marxie I couldn’t understand why she was refused treatment by an NHS physio either. It was a friend of a friend who had the surgery and my friend will find out more when she sees her soon.
  5. L

    Ankle Talonaviculnar Fusion

    My brother was pain free and walking 7 miles at 6 months and he had 2 joints fused, but as Mr Y pointed out ‘men tend to do better as their bones are usually stronger). I was being a tad optimistic methinks but it was going so well and improving daily until the last 10 days. it doesn’t seem...
  6. L

    Ankle Talonaviculnar Fusion

    Actually it’s quite reassuring to be reminded Ann. I think my mind has been focused on all being great at 6 months which is only 3 weeks away. I’m seeing the physio in April but I’ll mention it to my Pilates instructor tomorrow and my chiropractor when I see her just after Easter. She’s...
  7. L

    TKR Help following a private TKR

    I’ll see what I can find out @Jaycey
  8. L

    TKR Help following a private TKR

    I’m asking for a friend of a friend who lives in Devon. She paid to go privately as she was in so much pain but the surgery hasn’t gone well and the aftercare that was included with the package has finished and she can’t afford more, The surgeon who performed the operation doesn’t seem...
  9. L

    Ankle Talonaviculnar Fusion

    I did take painkillers Friday night and yesterday but I’m not usually taking any apart from when my back’s bad. I’m still getting quite a bit of swelling round the main ankle joint, just above my trainers where the crease in the ankle is. The foot gets a little puffy but not too bad. I used ice...
  10. L

    Ankle Talonaviculnar Fusion

    I’ve been doing well in the main but a couple of set backs. My ankle doesn’t like staying in one position too long. We had a 4 hour car journey followed by 2 long days sitting on hospital chairs visiting a very poorly relative last weekend and the ankle wasn’t happy. Monday I did Pilates and...
  11. L

    Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

    That’s lovely to hear. Well done you!
  12. L

    Ankle Talonavicular joint fusion scheduled Nov 23

    Couldn’t you sleep last night? I’ve just noticed the time you posted. I hope you got back to sleep ok. It does seem silly that walking doesn’t just come naturally. I wonder if I’ll ever be straight? I’m very glad I don’t have 8 legs! :badspidy:
  13. L

    Ankle Talonavicular joint fusion scheduled Nov 23

    Yes, I booked it on my own for my knee as well. I’m not sure I’d want flippers on my foot at present. It feels much better this week and a friend commented on how much better I was walking. I saw my podiatrist/chiropodist this morning and she said since my foot operation I’m walking more on the...
  14. L

    Ankle Talonavicular joint fusion scheduled Nov 23

    I spoke to the Aquaphysio yesterday and she said the same about sticks so I took my walking pole with me today and didn’t need to use it although I didn’t go far. I did quite a bit of exercises on my quads when I was non weight bearing so they’re not too bad. Mr Gill did recommend aquaphysio...
  15. L

    Ankle Talonavicular joint fusion scheduled Nov 23

    Oh that’s really interesting. I’ve just replied to your reply to me, should have read this first. We’ll have a lot to talk about next week! Are you saying you’re not allowed to walk with a stick or do need to? I haven’t been using mine but now wonder if I should. My land physio didn’t think...
Back
Top Bottom