Recent content by Lindawalms

  1. Lindawalms

    THR LindaWalms back 7 years later

    With my Drs approval I am a runner and kept running after appropriate conditioning first. I do not run a lot but enough to have completed one half marathon post op. For the past three years since I have gained weight I have only been pace walking in an effort to try to get back to running again.
  2. Lindawalms

    THR LindaWalms back 7 years later

    Oh, Sharon, about the c diff - had it chronically for over two years but then I found a Dr (Charlotte, NC) who does FMTs and was cured instantly! How have u been with it?
  3. Lindawalms

    THR LindaWalms back 7 years later

    Thank u all for your kind words and suggestions. They have prompted me to begin to start the process to trying to see what condition my femur is currently in. I've called my OS and requested the bone scan but I am nervous I may not be able to get it done for lack of an available vein. I very...
  4. Lindawalms

    Core Decompression Left Hip - Recovery

    I too had very successful spinal fusion (only one level though), best thing I ever did! I also had a core decompression. My results were not quite so positive however, that means nothing to you! Good luck in your recovery!
  5. Lindawalms

    THR LindaWalms back 7 years later

    Hello. I'm not sure if anyone on here will remember me but I had 3 hip surgeries. My first was a Right THR and a left core decompression in July 2010. The core decompression failed and I had a Left THR July 2011. I have been doing good so far (after a year of healing for each) up until...
  6. Lindawalms

    How to recognize late onset infection

    Thank you Sharon, I believe Jo will remember me, I hope :) Also I should say, I had my annual stay with my Surgeon at the beginning of the month Dec, 2. And also I'm not sure if I mentioned above or not another new present I received this morning is I now am having burning - almost fire-like on...
  7. Lindawalms

    How to recognize late onset infection

    Hi all, I don't think I have been on here in a few years but used to be a frequent visitor. Im a bilat THR plus a little something extra a CD w/ a rod placed or jammed into my femur by an idiot Dr in OH where we were currents living trying to stave off a double THR. So this idiot did a RTHR...
  8. Lindawalms

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    hi! typing on phone so please xcuse typos! havent checked in for ages! I'm a 2010 and 2011 hippie! i pretty much wouldn't know I have replaced hips EXCEPT for the rod in my left leg that is pretty bad...but i'm still training for a 1/2 marathon at the end of Apr anyway ;)!!! i just can't run in...
  9. Lindawalms

    THR Concerned

    Well I have TONS of metal shards in my leg and hip area due to a metal rod that was unfortunately inserted into my leg during my CD a year before my THR.... then it was partially cut out in order to perform my THR a year later...my surgeon spent over an hour trying to flush out the metal shards...
  10. Lindawalms

    Skydiving instructor with lupus AVN both hips

    It was not pretty when my hip collapsed or cracked but my spinal problems definitely trumped my hips if you can believe that!!! I'm sorry you have been thru so much too - I hope you get to the root of your AVN soon - let us know how it goes. xoxo, Linda
  11. Lindawalms

    Bilateral TKR Sleep during recovery...never thought it would take this long

    How many mg is your zanaflex? You can take up to 8mg at a time...I use it to help me sleep. Also tylenol pm is basically benadryl (just an fyi...). I also use ambien regularly for insomnia, it comes in 5mg or 10mg strength (as well as 6.1 er and 12.2 er). good luck! xoxo, Linda.
  12. Lindawalms

    Skydiving instructor with lupus AVN both hips

    Yes I had bilateral AVN due to steroids administered when I had 4 back surgeries in 2004. My femoral head collapsed completely in the right hip during the 6 months of mis-diagnosis and then the left femoral head cracked after the CD and rod were placed...the MRI will show what's happening - its...
  13. Lindawalms

    TKR Adnil checking in....

    Linda, I just read your thread and wanted to say how sorry I also am to hear of your husbands passing and that you, he and your family will be in my prayers. xoxo, Linda.
  14. Lindawalms

    Skydiving instructor with lupus AVN both hips

    Hi I had CD too and it was terrible :( I hope you figure things out quickly!!!
  15. Lindawalms

    Core Decompression on both hips

    Hi I've had a CD and it was not pleasant to say the least and it did not work. I'm sorry but I have nothing positive to say on the topic and urge you to really think about and consider bilateral THR instead. Please let me know if you would like more information. xoxo, Linda
Back
Top Bottom