Hi Cabu -I’ve been reading through your journey . I had RTKR on 4/2 and have had some setbacks. I also feel sharp pain on side and front of knee at times . I’m preparing to go to PT this morning . I’m still going twice a week bc of back and stomach issues some PT was delayed .
I think many of us...
Hi -I’ve been drinking tonic water and found that greatly reduced any cramping or restless legs . If u don’t like the taste of it I sometimes mix it with juice or soda . Also I take a magnesium , calcium , zinc pill combo. It says it’s for bone and muscle health. Of course checking with your doc...
Hi Mar -your story is a lot like mine . I saw PT yesterday and they want me there twice a week . I had cut down to once bc of back issues. I thought they measured my flexion sitting down. I remember the home pt having me move to the front of a chair I was sitting on and at out patient
Pt the...
Hi @longisland -your post was encouraging even though I would hate to have to wait a year for some relief for all these sxs. I have clicking ,pain,and buckling.In addition have sciatica and other upper thigh pains.It’s been a long three months and needless to say not what I expected. I’m glad ur...
Hi Sister Pat -I hate to think that all of these docs the OS referred me to is bc of taking time to adjust to new knee.I know he probably felt he did what was best . I’m seeing a spine doc and pain specialist . MRI showed discs compressing nerves and stenosis but I’m pretty sure I was told that...
So I had epidural spine injection on Monday for sciatica ,hip and groin pain. MRI showed compressed discs causing nerve compression .As of today I am having some cramping in the thigh area. The pain doc said if pain persists in that area then spine doc may want to look at hip next . I have two...
Hi Jamie -thanks for the offer . I would like to look into the program . I saw the spine doc last Tuesday and am having epidural steroid injection tomorrow -I’m off of nsaids and taking gabepentin before bed and Tylenol during the day -I can take pain pill if necessary but rarely take one.At...
I’m wondering if anyone is experiencing lumbar issues since their surgery . I’m 10 weeks post op and at 6 weeks I started with groin,hip and rt buttock pain . I never had this issue before -OS referred Me to spine doc in group bc he said it was not knee related.I had MRI last week which shows...
I had recheck with spine doc yesterday -since things aren’t any better he ordered MRI and new anti inflammatory med . Last night was pretty tough -tried topical on back and pain pill which allowed sleep on and off. I’m continuing to hope and pray this will subside . Also no PT for back until...
Hi Mimi-I had awful stomach issues for at least 6 weeks after TKR -much like yours plus nauseous. After OS took me off aspirin and I took a daily probiotic it finally stopped. I’m at week 8 now stopped probiotic and am eating ok but still don’t have huge appetite . I’ve lost 10 lbs since the...
Hi Ghost pipe and Doxie Mom-thanks for sharing your thoughts -Here I am at 2:28 am with pain in the lower rt back, and buttock pain. I did take a pain pill at 10 last night which usually allows me to sleep till 5 but not this time. I’m icing and took anti inflammatory and sitting in recliner...
Hi All -I was 8 weeks post op Friday 5/28. I know everyone progresses differently but just curious as to how and where you are in your journey. I’m still using a cane for gait and safety reasons ,at times my knee will buckle. I never had that issue before surgery. In addition I now have sciatica...
So my lumbar assessment at PT was just to see how I bend etc with back and leg moves . I guess from there that will determine my PT plan for my back. Came home with pain in thigh rested the remainder of the day . Can’t wait for the day I’ll say I feel good .
Not doing much at all certainly not straining anything .Resting and doing a few things around the house during the day -trying not to bend or stretch using grabber for anything I have to reach or bend for . PT is doing minimal also so not strain there . Sitting with ice now .
So here I am again at 4:07 am after another pretty much sleepless night due to groin and buttock pain on the rt side -same side at knee replacement . I’m seeing PT today for a full lumbar assessment per spine doc . I saw her Monday and she feels it sciatica in the rear and disc compression for...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.