Recent content by limpingaround

  1. L

    What kind of exercises should I be doing?

    I would relax and get ready for the "big day". My hip was so bad my os commented he had great difficulty moving my leg even though I was unconscious. I think back to pre-surgery and I could hardly walk. I feel I've been given a new lease on life and I'm 100% glad I made the decision to get...
  2. L

    THR post op tale

    End of week 11. I have one more pt session, then I graduate. At todays session, I rode the bike and got stretched. Hard to describe, but I was lying on my stomach and the pt raised my operated leg while pushing down on my buttocks. My instructions were too stretch the muscles around the...
  3. L

    THR Discomfort on Standing

    Paddles, like you, I'm also 11 weeks post-op and I feel I've had a better than average trip so far. I also experience some stiffness and a little discomfort when I stand after sitting for awhile. It goes away after a few steps, so I'm not worried. My last visit to the OS office concluded...
  4. L

    THR 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...

    Hi CP, in the year I've been on this site, you're the first in my neck of the woods (I live on the Cape). Sorry to hear your trip is a little bumpy. I think one other member said "it's funny how everyone has a slightly different approach, but experiences the same outcome". For me, a lot of...
  5. L

    THR Nighttime pain post THR

    Sounds like you have your marching orders (although it's probably not best to physically march), cut back on the physical stuff. I've had a great pre-op, operation, and post op and I didn't go outside the house for over 3 weeks (and then only to the OS). My first trips outside the house were...
  6. L

    THR Two Weeks Post-op

    backlasher, your trip sounds like mine, no pain, good wife taking excellent care, pool, and tylenol. As my leg has gotten stronger, my limp has just about disappeared. Yesterday, I cut some logs, shoveled snow and felt just like the old me (without the pain and limp). Keep up the good...
  7. L

    THR Two Weeks Post-op

    Hi Backlasher, I had a limp until about 3 weeks ago (I'm 10 week post op). In my case, I think as my leg has gotten stronger, the limp has become less pronounced. As others have said, be careful not to overdue things. good luck tom
  8. L

    Left THR due 20 feb

    Good luck Clifford, you're about to embark on an incredible journey. I'm glad I made the trip. I'm awed when I look back 10 weeks ago. My new hip is more flexible than the initial issue hip (course it's over 60 yrs old, so I'm not complaining). Good luck, this board is an incredible source...
  9. L

    Revision THR An Incredible Journey

    Tiredhippy, good luck tomorrow. I'm 10 weeks (on Tuesday) from my surgery. I've felt better everyday and am able to do things I thought I'd thought were done for good. I've been pain free from day 2, that alone feels great. That throbbing pain that followed me everywhere is gone and replaced...
  10. L

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    Hi Tammy, thank-you for your kind words. I was really afraid I may have insulted you and everyone else around the world. I'm glad to see your "stepping up" in the world (as in able to go up and down the stairs). I know, poor attempt at humor, I won't give up my day job. It's amazing to think...
  11. L

    THR One week later

    Hi Diane, what a wonderful tale, thankyou for sharing. I can tell you that you've made the right decision. I'm 9 weeks post-op and am thankful at having my life back. I can walk, climb stairs, carry my grandchildren (they're young, 4 and 2 and not at the same time), and almost tie my shoes (I...
  12. L

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    Hi Tammy, I hope things are going a little more smoothly for you. It troubles me to read about your pain. I know you've gotten all kinds of great advice from those much smarter than I. But, I would like to add my 2 cents. Please feel free to tell me to take a hike, but perhaps you should...
  13. L

    THR Today the other side

    Congradulations hippy and welcome to the other side. Glad to hear things are going well. Keep up the good work and enjoy the good feelings
  14. L

    THR warfarin & anemia

    Hi CMH, I've safely taken coumedin for over 6 yrs. After surgery, there were days I felt exhausted. I couldn't be on my feet more than about 5 min at a time, so I resedt and then, rested some more. If I felt sleepy, I took a nap. There were a few days I slept 12 hrs straight. I think on...
  15. L

    THR night time muscle spasms? collateral damage?

    Hi Billy, I got those also for about 2-3 weeks. My pt explained they were the result of the bad hip causing a shorting of the muscles. With the hip replacement, the leg length is slightly longer resulting in muscle spasms. Mine were worst when first dropping off to sleep or when trying to...
Back
Top Bottom