Recent content by lillibb

  1. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    I woke up this morning hardly able to walk but it eased up after walking a bit. As the day progressed so did the pain when standing. I got my cane out tonight to aid me and although I never wanted to see my surgeon again now I'm thinking I'll have to go in. Has anyone experienced this?
  2. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    I did get a second opinion and another reading which showed there wasn't any valve problems..makes me wonder what would have happened if I would have gotten the procedure, would they have stopped or gone on.? And it was another Dr from the same vascular group. The new advice was to wear...
  3. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    Thanks so much for answering..I cancelled my ablation and do want to see another Dr about it. And I'm headed to the freezer for my soft ice pack!
  4. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    One year out..I wish I could say all is well. I fell down outside on my new knee..it was badly scraped and it was 1 week before my anniversary op date. I saw my surgeon and to my relief he took x-rays and said all was well. That was a month ago and where I fell still hurts, the whole knee is...
  5. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    9 months out. Still have pain when I go from sitting to standing. Almost all the swelling has gone down but it looks like the new knee is bigger and it still feels heavier. I am thankful the terrible pain that started this journey is gone. I had problems with swelling feet and even saw a...
  6. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    7 months...my knee works great, I still have pain, especially in the morning when I get up. But the pain seems to be more in the quad muscle area than the knee itself. I notice discomfort during driving and once took a 2 hour drive and woke up the next morning with ankle cramps. Several other...
  7. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    Almost 4 months ! I still have pain, swelling, stiffness. The swelling is mostly in my foot, so when I saw the Dr last he says "elevate twice a day for 30 mins" I see him next 1 yr from surgery. The new puppy is doing well and we're really enjoying her. We sure did need her. I hope...
  8. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    I did go back to my surgeon even though I never wanted to see him again. I still cannot believe all the pain I suffered in the hospital and then at home. My husband tried to tell him how much I've suffered and he just smiles and nods his head. I'm through with PT, did all I could do there and...
  9. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    Well I found out why my little dog was acting up. She was actually very sick and had a tumor in her chest, so in addition to the pain and depression from surgery I had to put her to sleep. One of the worse days of my life. My husband suggested for me to get a new baby right away and my heart...
  10. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    7 weeks out, my knee hurts. The muscles around my knee are sore. My Pt is going so much better, mobility is 118. My surgeon refused more pain meds. I refuse to go back to him. Life is great.
  11. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    Slight temp and knee feels a little warm, should I let my Dr know?
  12. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    I know I can google it but has anyone been told how much their new knee weighs?
  13. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    Well, I don't know what to think...I called my surgeon this morning to see about pain meds and was told to call my family Dr. My surgeon can't prescribe more meds, doesn't think I need them, or am I imagining the pain? I had surgery on Aug 19 and I still have pain in the am and ache after pt...
  14. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    Ok, I usually wear Crocs or sandals and used to wear low heels to Church. Now I'm ready to go back to Church but I'm unsure about my footwear. Should I try my low heels or go for flats?
  15. lillibb

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    This info was great to hear, at least now I know not to be afraid of it!
Back
Top Bottom