Recent content by Lilli215

  1. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Hi Layla, thanks for checking in. Progress is slow but there is a definite improvement. I can manage about the house mostly without having to use the elbow crutch, however it is still a necessity outdoors. The physio has said it will be a long journey so I’m having to be patient. Lockdown is...
  2. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Hi @Yorkshire lass ,@Layla and @ CricketHip thanks for your comments and concerns. Rest assured I’m not doing anything silly or extreme. The bands are only used as resistance in 2 of the exercises, squatting and lying on back with knees bent, band above the knees then you tighten your gluteal...
  3. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Grammy57 as forecast my appointment with the physio was cancelled, however she phoned me to ascertain exactly what I was experiencing. She the emailed me a new set of more intensive exercises and a couple of elastic Therabands. So between my original exercises and the new ones it takes about 45...
  4. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    @Grammy57, at present I’m doing the pt that the physio in the hosp gave me before I was discharged. I received an appointment yesterday for March 30th, however I’m fully expecting that to be cancelled as our local hospital is in the process of cancelling all outpatient clinics for the...
  5. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Hi @Layla and @CricketHip , had my checkup yesterday which went well and it’s exactly as you predicted @CricketHip , my muscles are weak therefore I’m being referred to the physio service for some intensive exercise and correction of my gait. I know the physio at our local hosp well as attended...
  6. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Thanks folks for your comments, much appreciated. Hopefully check up next week will put my mind at ease
  7. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Evening everybody, feeling a bit down this week and looking for a wee bit of reassurance. Am now 9 weeks in and recovery is going well apart from the fact that I just cannot walk without an elbow crutch. If I try it feels like my whole hip is giving way and I’ve got a terrible tilt to the one...
  8. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Back driving today 7 weeks and 1 day after op ( suv is manual transmission) and got on fine. Freedom is mine- now if I can just get rid of the elbow crutch I’ll be one happy bunny:dancy:
  9. L

    THR When will I be able to walk unaided?

    @Sheffield1966 , hi I’m 6weeks past on Wednesday after THR. Been on 1 crutch since beg of week 3 but think it’ll be a couple of weeks yet before I can do without the crutch inside far less outside. I tried going without it this morning and managed 3 steps but it was painful and I was dipping on...
  10. L

    THR Operated Hip Bulges

    @BJM5861 hi, I also had my THR on 8th Jan and my hip is also quite hard on one side of the incision. It’s not as pronounced as it was in the early days so I’m assuming that as the healing process continues it will decrease. A week ago I couldn’t put any pressure on the scar at all but last...
  11. L

    THR Surgery date 6th jan

    Be careful, we were told by physios no taking baths for 12 weeks:unsure:
  12. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Dear lord how sad am I?? Got so excited this morning coz I managed to do a bit of vacuuming and ironing:doh:
  13. L

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Week 5 (nearly) and the cabin fever has hit with a vengeance!!! Getting fed up being stuck inside but the weather is so bad in Scotland just now that going out anywhere is a bit of a no no. Recovery is going quite well, the cellulitis is on the mend and the swelling isn’t as bad as it was. Am...
  14. L

    PKR Boredom, self-pity, pain and frustration

    @Loobs39 , feel for you. Have had my two knees replaced and at present am recovering from hip replacement. I’m afraid there is no easy answer to what you’re experiencing. I found that the first five weeks after both knees was hellish- no other word for it! Was averaging three hours sleep per...
  15. L

    THR Two weeks plus recovery

    Hi @knee2hip, I was a day after you for surgery. Four weeks out I’m walking in the house with one elbow crutch. Went to supermarket with hubby yesterday to do a big shop, by the time we were finished I had a lot of pain- not in the hip but across my shoulders!! So it’ll be back to using two...
Back
Top Bottom