Recent content by Liddle1

  1. Liddle1

    Newbie planning ahead

    Love it!! Sent from my iPhone
  2. Liddle1

    Newbie planning ahead

    Regarding pillows: I found them to be more important than a chair in my recovery. I made two "nests"; one on my sofa and one in my bed. The sofa nest had three pillows. One to elevate my leg while icing, one for my head, and one to put on top of my operated hip to protect it from my cat who...
  3. Liddle1

    Left THR

    Hopefully all has gone well for you and you are now recovering. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Liddle1

    Leg length

    @sibs I was using a left shoe lift before I had left hip replaced in January 2017. After surgery until just this week (about 11 weeks) my left leg felt longer but now feels the same length as my right leg. The surgeon assured me that they were the same length but my pelvis was tilted and needed...
  5. Liddle1

    Seeing Sunflowers and waiting

    @1GreatGran Hi, I'm 6 weeks post hip replacement surgery and I found that I was comfortable at home with a "nest" that I made on my living room couch. I covered the couch with sheets, blankets, pillows for icing & elevating my leg, a comforter to snuggle under. I had a table close by to hold...
  6. Liddle1

    New left hip

    @opie Now you know it wasn't "silly" but a real thing. Our bodies are incredibly fine tuned and can be quite vocal when we least expect it! Sent from my iPhone
  7. Liddle1

    mlsread January 2017

    Glad your home recovering. I had my hip replaced 1/24/17. It's good to be on this side of things! [emoji1] Sent from my iPhone
  8. Liddle1

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    Just had my left hip replaced and I found a body pillow to be too high for me. I am sleeping with four pillows; one for my head that supports side or back sleeping. One on my left side that prevents me from rolling onto that side, one under my knees and calfs to support me when sleeping on my...
  9. Liddle1

    Nightgown vs PJs January 31, 2017

    I have been living in short nightgowns since my hip replacement a week ago. I found that it was easier to wear with the TED stockings, managing in the bathroom, and since I am not actively moving and turning in bed, they stay in place and don't bunch up. Sent from my iPhone
  10. Liddle1

    HRSurgery being considered...need advice!

    @Creekgirl welcoming you to this site. I am 69 and just had my left hip replaced a week ago. I learned so much before and after my surgery and I think you will too. Only you will know when it's right. I waited a few years working with conservative therapies before "knowing". All I can say is I...
  11. Liddle1

    New left hip

    Just an update to say all moving appropriately! Ditched the Percocet for Tylenol only and pain still minimal. Using softener and lots of fruits and vegetables. Had my first physical therapy session today to work on balance and strength. Left hip is taking my weight better than before surgery. I...
  12. Liddle1

    New left hip

    Okay, I'm relaxing at home, pain pretty much controlled, doing my gentle exercises, elevating, and icing but now dealing with major opioid constipation. (Ugh!!) Had success finally with milk of magnesia, 7-up, prune juice, a couple of cups just hot water, and a positional change on the toilet...
  13. Liddle1

    Scared Newbie here!!!!

    @Cappy2430 welcome to some of the best advice and kindest group of people you will find. I'm writing this from my hospital bed as I had my left hip replaced yesterday. I found waiting hard as well and it is easy to scare yourself. I'm sending you a virtual hug just to let you know your stronger...
  14. Liddle1

    New left hip

    @Cherdonnay they ordered some Valium, but by the time it got here I had managed to get the shaking under control which then helped me relax. I had dinner which relaxed me more. I ended up not taking the sedative and haven't had any issues [emoji1] Sent from my iPhone
  15. Liddle1

    New left hip

    Had my new hip installed today via the anterior surgical approach using a spinal for anesthesia. First night in the hospital and have pain well controlled. Doing PT and respiratory exercises with a little stroll down the hall included. One thing I wanted to mention was that after my first trip...
Back
Top Bottom