Recent content by liam2015

  1. liam2015

    Revision TKR Limited ROM even after Revision

    I'm sorry you're still suffering. It took a full 7 months after my TKR to be able to fully rotate pedal on bicycle and walk up and down the stairs normally with no pain. I was stuck at 103 r.o.m. up until that time, with minimal p.t. Since you've had a few procedures between surgery and now...
  2. liam2015

    Elbow Elbow dislocation, considering TJR

    It's great you've got back into working on your garden, but sorry about the pain and all the twists and turns. I hope, if you decide on the elbow replacement, it works for you and you'll fully recover. I'm thinking that it will likely take awhile to get your R.O.M. back and you'll have to go to...
  3. liam2015

    Elbow Elbow dislocation, considering TJR

    Hi ~ I'm sorry you've had those awful side effects from the Mexotrexate. I can't answer your questions about my broken elbow because I don't exactly know and I don't remember; also I didn't take a photo of the x-ray but I think I have it on a disc I was given. I do know I have hardware in there...
  4. liam2015

    Elbow Elbow dislocation, considering TJR

    Hello @Pairodocs. I am so sorry for all that you have been through ~ what a terrible ordeal. I had ORIF surgery for my broken elbow and 4 weeks later I fell on the incision last day of vacation in Jamaica. Luckily everything was ok but I regressed and pain was back for awhile. Now, years later...
  5. liam2015

    ORIF Open reduction internal fixation for the femur and tibia and fibula

    I had that surgery Dec. 20, 2020 for a broken femur only (just above my knee replacement). That's really tough having broken his tibia and fibula also. I hope he can get to a physiotherapist soon for advice. I was non weight-bearing for several weeks and had massage, TENS, laser and hot pack for...
  6. liam2015

    Tibial Plateau Fracture 2 years post tibia plateau fracture

    Welcome. There is another member here whose wife had a similar fracture: @VolFan0927. Good luck.
  7. liam2015

    TKR Frustrations

    Remember we're all different in our healing. I did next to nothing as far as exercising goes for the first 6 weeks because I was struggling with side effects from the narcotic pain killers which I completely quit at 3 weeks post op. It took me another few weeks to feel close to normal. Of course...
  8. liam2015

    Revision TKR No patience

    I just read your thread and I'm so sorry for all the struggles you've had, especially losing your husband. Trimming toenails is definitely a struggle; I'm still struggling trimming my toenails 11 months after broken femur. Can you get anyone in to do it for you? When my father-in-law was...
  9. liam2015

    ORIF Distal femur comminuted open fracture + patella fracture + quadricep tendon rupture

    I'm so sorry about your accident. I broke my femur last Dec. 19 while walking my dog at night and my left leg did the splits on black ice. I had the ORIF surgery, was non weight bearing for several weeks. I had been going to physio until hubby had his appendix removed unexpectedly. The break was...
  10. liam2015

    ORIF Tibial Plateau Fracture Post-op Normal ROM Questions

    I've been thinking about your wife and I was just now going to look you up to see how you both were doing. That's fantastic news that she is doing so well ~ sounds like very helpful physio therapy she's having. How is she getting those 4000 steps ~ walking outdoors and in the house through the...
  11. liam2015

    TKR Post tkr hemhorrage

    Oh my goodness ~ that must have been painful. Not the same but back in December, my hubby had a 2nd recurrence (within a month) of an old high school football knee injury. He was out walking the dog, stiffened up and couldn't make it home on his own; my sister picked him and the dog up. The pain...
  12. liam2015

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    Sorry about the fall and setback. Setbacks can happen for so many reasons. I remember I had a setback after doing one of the recommended exercises, standing on each leg for 30 seconds; set me back 2 weeks with the pain. I'm amazed at how strong my knee replacement is after breaking my femur back...
  13. liam2015

    ORIF Tibial Plateau Fracture Post-op Normal ROM Questions

    What a great report and fantastic aqua therapy clinic with the underwater treadmill. Your wife's flexion at 117 degrees is excellent. Good idea to purchase the small set of steps ~ I wonder if they will be like the ones in the hospital I was in that also had a railing on each side? I'm glad to...
  14. liam2015

    ORIF Broken Femur/ORIF surgery Dec. 20, 2020.

    @VolFan0927 ~ Last time I was at physio, I was asking the p.t. about stairs and she recommended practising on shorter stairs. She took me outside and I was able to use both legs going up and down on the short steps without pain. I've been practising going up regular stairs at home (tight grip on...
  15. liam2015

    ORIF Broken Femur/ORIF surgery Dec. 20, 2020.

    @VolFan0927 ~ thanks, it was a little challenging as I have to walk up one hill to get to the Main Street and back down again and hope that no one else is walking a dog. He was really good but I had him on a tight leash and when I loosen it, he sometimes takes a dash for a tree to pee lol. On...
Back
Top Bottom