Recent content by lexi-mai

  1. L

    THR one and half years on...

    Hello Josephine, R2...T/V area radiating down front of upper leg, the only thing I have done, was kneeled painting a skirting...be very glad of your comment, thank you.
  2. L

    THR one and half years on...

    Hello All, I had THR August 2015, which has been an amazing turn around in my life, no longer looking at the pill pot each day!!... but... in the week I have noticed an uncomfortable feeling in joint more at the front over against in the groin like it used to be...so I'm posting here, for some...
  3. L

    THR I made it!

    Hello Medfordart, sorry about the time lapse...you have done well, I am not driving yet, they say in the UK six weeks, so that will be next week for me...and wow you had got rid by the 2nd week!!! that's amazing... last week we got the toilet risers and toilets surrounds packed away to which I...
  4. L

    THR I made it!

    hello @ Medfordart hope you are still making good progress, just wondered if you have started to drive and if so how soon after your op did you start? I have just passed 4 wks into recovery to which I'm most grateful, still on one crutch, how soon did you get rid of yours if you have? thanks...
  5. L

    THR It's all over!!

    sorry to mislead...ElaineF...... tramadol 100mg every four hours and ibuprofen 400mg every four hours as well...truly hourly would have blown the brain!!! the pain seems not so bad at the mo... we must keep going!!!:loll:
  6. L

    THR It's all over!!

    hello 45goingon90 thanks for your post...do hope you are doing well. Hairy journey yes I agree, getting the pain meds under control....such a picnic here, spoke to the docs and they suggested to take 100mg tramadol and 400mg ibuprofen four hourly...well I did that for a day an half and just...
  7. L

    THR It's all over!!

    thanks Grumpyjoe...very encouraging to hear that you can sleep on your side, I tried it yesterday for a short while with the pillows between my legs...I am a side sleeper...it was nice to be in bed on my side!! but didn't go to sleep so back onto my back I rolled!! keeping positive is 'key'...
  8. L

    THR It's all over!!

    thanks AndyH99...the wound seems to be behaving!! a little stingy from time to time, considering what they have done its a miracle that its not painful..
  9. L

    THR It's all over!!

    @lambo... thanks for your post, I do hope you are in good recovery, I can say its a bit up and down but 2 weeks down the line it is a little easier, I don't see the surgeon till the 30th September which seems a long time, to have to wait and no PT appointments only a leaflet of a few exercises...
  10. L

    THR It's all over!!

    Hello Pamac, hope your post op went ok, thanks for your post, we are doing well really although as the word above on one of the posts describes it to a 'T' and that is a 'roller-coaster ride!!! that does sum my experience, some days are better than others some nights able to sleep better than...
  11. L

    THR It's all over!!

    just had the staples out!!! all 25, not too bad, it was a big fear, now its behind me and it wasn't worth worrying about, it stung a bit on some of the staples that had skin that had heeled well, but the scar looks real good, so its thanks to the surgeon for that. The wound now feels that...
  12. L

    THR It's all over!!

    Hello anyone and everyone, Can anyone tell me how long it is that I will have to sleep on my back? My daughter says to me 'when last did you sleep'? I always sleep on my left side and I have had my right hip done, just love to be able to sleep on my side...I wake up all night with the leg...
  13. L

    THR It's all over!!

    hello Josephine, thanks for earlier post...shows how dum I am with the walking, I just thought I ought to be up and having walks around the walk down the road only actually was to the bottom of our garden which actually is quite small...I answer as best as I can the following... 1...I had the...
  14. L

    THR It's all over!!

    thanks you all above...I can't really believe I did it!! and just over a week post op, it is quite a challenge this ache inside the leg... but I am up and walking, I ventured down the road today just a short way and back, it feels tight and stiff...have had a few blue days when everything is...
  15. L

    THR It's all over!!

    thanks Elanie F.....in hospital was on a codeine based tablet but it made me so nausea and dizzy, I came of it, I was only in for two days and really hadn't got the med up and running :sad: I take ibuprofen 800mg every four hours and tramadol in the evening and night when this leg gets...
Back
Top Bottom