Recent content by leslie2548

  1. leslie2548

    THR Leslie's Hip Recovery

    Thanks for all the email. Yes, I'm on the other side! At long last. I heard the surgery went very well. I've been impressed with the care I've been getting. I slept well last night. We're keeping the pain down. I am running a fever but the seem to be on top of that. I get sick...
  2. leslie2548

    THR Leslie's Hip Recovery

    I'm off to the hospital at 9:40 in the morning for my surgery. Finding it hard to fall asleep tonight! Not too worried about because I imagine I'll be sleeping lots in the hospital. I'm glad I've found this forum. I've learned so much and feel ready to have the surgery. If I can't write...
  3. leslie2548

    THR Leslie's Hip Recovery

    TLHR June 17, 2016
  4. leslie2548

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Wow -- wide awake? What was that like? I'm hoping to be sound asleep! Did they give you that choice? Congrats on making it through the surgery! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. leslie2548

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Good luck with the surgery, Ian. I look forward to hearing the story of your recovery! 8 more sleeps until my surgery! Take care. Leslie Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  6. leslie2548

    Doctor says ......

    Good luck, JulesGlass with the antidepressant for quitting smoking. I did that years ago and it was the one thing that finally helped me quit smoking. I soon lost the desire to smoke at all. Loved it. Didn't want to eat all the time so lost weight in the process. Was sorry I hadn't looked...
  7. leslie2548

    Just saw OS

    Hi Royal -- I completely understand how you feel. My LTHR is scheduled for June 17 -- less than two weeks away. I think I get more nervous each day. But I also read lots of post-op messages here and it's comforting to know how many people have such positive outcomes. It seems that most...
  8. leslie2548

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I'm a bundle of nerves, too, MI Chickie. It is encouraging that the vast majority of people have such good outcomes from the surgery. I have to keep reminding myself of that. And I like the idea of really taking it easy after surgery. My 'navigator' at the hip place said that first week to...
  9. leslie2548

    THR Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)

    I will be having a posterior left hip replacement June 17. I was interested in the comments about the zero gravity chairs. I have one and would love to be able to sit in it post-surgery. However, I'm not quite sure how to get in and out of it when I have to follow the hip precautions. Can...
  10. leslie2548

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I am having hip replacement surgery on my left him on June 17. Great to find this site. I'm excited to finally have this surgery but terrified of the whole process! Leslie
Back
Top Bottom