Recent content by leonberg

  1. leonberg

    TKR leonberg round 2

    thank you everyone for the feedback. I am better today but still feeling a bit strange on the affected side. I did do some on line gentle yoga stretches and it loosened up the hip area. I should be a pro at surgical recovery since i have had 9 surgeries all orthopedic. I forget that recovery is...
  2. leonberg

    TKR leonberg round 2

    I am now at 6 weeks and the surgeon said I am ahead of the game. I have been resuming many of my normal household activities and also going on walks with my 2 big dogs and husband. I still have the swelling and stiffness expected at this point. I am less anxious now because i already had the...
  3. leonberg

    TKR leonberg round 2

    I am back again from 5 years ago with my second knee. I had my RTKR on 9/24 and was doing fairly well until this am when I lost my footing and my knee was bent in a kneeling postion very hard. I was surprised that the surgeon's office did not want to see me today. I am icing and elevating and...
  4. leonberg

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Tip of shoulder sharp pain lifting arm

    Boy am i jealous! Your equipment alone tells me you have a progressive sports med clinic that is used to athletes. I thought my surgeon was that way but maybe not. He is one of the docs for olympic team but he is more conservative than i expected.There was not a good cooling recommendation...
  5. leonberg

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse rotator cuff replacement May 10th prep

    haven't heard how the surgery went for you but fingers crossed you are ok!
  6. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    Thank you for the caring response!! I need it. Yesterday at PT she said to go easy and that I already have the ROM. She basically said everything you did. I seem intact! phew! I try so hard to be good with the sling, but as you veterans already know its impossible to not do a tweak or two even...
  7. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    thank you for encouragement!. I admit to have slipped up a couple times. I hope i have not done any damage. I believe most of the pain is from the tenodesis area and the pain is not subsiding. I am not a whimp either. Anyway I just hope this amount of pain at three weeks out is not unusual. I...
  8. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    I am still concerned today after day one of PT. During the session she just checked ROM which was on par for this stage. i can do pendulum swings ok but i am supposed to do PROM with a stick and I can't bear it at all. PT siad just do what i can and I am nit pushing it but the pain is terrible...
  9. leonberg

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse rotator cuff replacement May 10th prep

    good luck in two days for your surgery. you will possible need to remove the ice and get up to move around some during those 5 hours of alone time. I could not use the cryo cuff lent to me becuase it was too hard to use unless my husband was around to place it back on me. Even the ice packs are...
  10. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    The cramping is mostly the biceps tenodesis area. I did try heat and now i am icing. The heat does help. I just cant wait until i can sleep normally! I realize now that the RSR is probably less complex for post op rehab. Maybe that is why the surgeon recommended it. I hope i do not wreck this...
  11. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    What would i do without this site to ask questions to? The cramping is driving me crazy especially at night. I will be 3 weeks out next thursday but sometimes i still feel i am not relieving the pain. Any suggestions are helpful! It is the cramping and deep ache and pain medicine does not...
  12. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    i am having a time of it with biceps cramping from the tenodesis. I am taking my arm out to dangle frequently which does help, but does anyone else have insght into other ways to deal withg this? The other issue is that my 'good'shoulder is tearing too! I know because i can't lift it fully...
  13. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    has anyone heard of or used the Ultrasling Quadrant ? It sure looks appealing in the photos! to not have a shoulder strap seems luxurious at this point!
  14. leonberg

    Rotator Cuff Repair biceps tenodesis

    I hope this is the right way to post now. I am terrible with technology. Yes i am on pain meds. I think one of the issues was that the hospital has given me an ice pack that doesn't really work. I wonder how they think a person could apply the pack while alone? I have a friend who may bring over...
  15. leonberg

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement strange lump after surgery?

    which surgery did you have? I had a repair with tenodesis and i have a sports medicine OS who also is fast but the only thing exercise wise i am supposed to do is to remove my arm ( painful) and do pendulum swings a few times a day. It sure sounds frightening that the nerve block gave you issues...
Back
Top Bottom