Recent content by leejaa

  1. L

    THR Back again....

    Welcome back. It is very frustrating when our bodies are not cooperating with out wants and desires. I knew I needed knee replacements for a years and then finally had them done in 2013 when it was impossible to walk without pain. It was a relief due to the pain and like you it was somewhat...
  2. L

    TKR ACIM

    Congratulations on your new knee. I am glad to read you are not overdoing with the exercises. Rest, ice and elevation with some movement as you are doing will give you a good start as it did for me. Continue to listen to your body as your healing journey continues. :flwrysmile:
  3. L

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    There is no place like home. It was good you had someone with you for the first night. Make sure you keep your pain meds on a schedule. I found that elevating most of the time and icing was most helpful. In fact, I iced pretty much non stop - I had these great ice packs from the hospital...
  4. L

    TKR TKRsharon

    Best wishes for tomorrow. Soon you will have a new strong knee. Looking forward to following you on the recovery side. :flwrysmile:
  5. L

    THR Had a TKR; now need THR

    Just a quick check to see how you are doing and if there are any other questions you might have. Take care. :flwrysmile:
  6. L

    TKR 1 of 12 months Down -This is me

    You are so early on the recovery road. You are doing great for 3 weeks out. It is not a smooth road but has some bumps in it. Concentration on any particular task was very difficult for me so I just went with what my body/mind wanted in the early stages of recovery. I stayed on pain meds for...
  7. L

    Revision TKR A New Day

    Wonderful report especially being able to do public transport. You are on your road to recovery so continue to remember slow and steady will get you there. :flwrysmile:
  8. L

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Patience is the one thing we all need in recovery and often the hardest one to find. You are still in the early stages of recovery. It is an up and down path but slow and steady will get you there so be kind to yourself and this too will pass.
  9. L

    TKR Back again...

    Welcome back. You know most of the drill of surgery and recovery as I did after the first few replacements which really helps to keep some of the anxiety at bay but not all. However, the support is here for you pre and post surgery. The one thing I did realize with my latest surgery which...
  10. L

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    Just checking to see how you are progressing now that it has been almost a month. I hope your groin pain is gone and you are able to enjoy some of the nicer weather. You may want to consider joining the Insiders Club so you can start a recovery thread and journal your recovery. Please see the...
  11. L

    THR KNEES, NOW HIPS!! TERRIFIED OF THE RECOVERY AGAIN!!!

    I will second or third the opinion and experience that hip recovery is much easier than knee. I was happily surprised how smoothly it went. Walking was my go to for exercise from the beginning and I do not even think about my hips. I had lateral-posterior replacements and the hardest part was...
  12. L

    THR Had a TKR; now need THR

    My knee and hip surgeries were not that close together, however, all I can say that the hip pain was more excruciating and limiting than my knees. The hip recovery was the easier of the recoveries and it was such a relief to get rid of the pain. My hip limited my ability to move my leg and...
  13. L

    TKR Knee replacement 2.0 March 6, 2025

    Best wishes for your upcoming surgery.
  14. L

    THR 2nd THR

    Wow, I was extra lucky with my surgeon. I could take a shower the day I came home, which was the day after my surgery. I did wait till the next day since I was tired. I feels so good to get that hospital and post op feeling off the body. Though this too will pass.
  15. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Left TSR after both knees and both hips.

    Please change my heading to reverse shoulder replacement. Thank you.
Back
Top Bottom