Recent content by Lauramacky

  1. Lauramacky

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    I'm also taking a long time +karmarcoux so don't feel alone. It's been 3 months for me and I'm still swollen (it takes sometimes up to a year for swelling to go away and the normal is 4-6 months) and it's hard for me to walk properly. Every day I do a tiny bit more though. It's hard to...
  2. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    That is cool! Happy Halloween!!!
  3. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    Just thought I'd give an update. Doing really well nine weeks out. Not taking much pain medication anymore...down to one hydrocodone a day and one tramadol, yay! ROM 126/3. I'm at zero extension in PT and slowly getting more natural extension and flexion every day. This second knee is...
  4. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    Thanks to those who have commented. I'm struggling with typing so I will not be here anymore and only for that reason. I wish everyone the absolute best and thank you for your support! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    @marmora @Celle. thank you so much! I really am pretty happy since I'm just 5-1/2 weeks out. Last time it was at least two months before I had this kind of extension. Definitely happy dancing here! :) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    Yay!!! Today i had PT and I am at 120 and 6!! I've been working hard at not working too hard LOL. I am so much further ahead of the game than I was in my last knee replacement and I'm working less hard. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    @marmora Hi Cathie :) Thank you so much and I'm glad you liked the fuschia. I appreciate that. It made me smile. :D Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  8. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    @tiredwife whoops. I didn't get this notification. It was in my spam for some reason. I'm finding i need them too. I'm taking them at night, before PT, and the day after PT which I call "the aftermath" lol. Other times I just take one hydrocodone during the day four hours apart and that...
  9. Lauramacky

    TKR 46 year old's recovery thread

    @amber777 you poor thing with IBS. I don't have that but I do have horrible constipation. My rule of thumb is once a day. If I don't have one once a day then I have to take something. I prefer magnesium or even prune juice like tiredwife suggested. I hope yiu get that managed as well. I...
  10. Lauramacky

    TKR 46 year old's recovery thread

    @cbrniner. Glad you made it to the other side! For your pooping issue lol...take some magnesium....it really helps! I hoe yiu start feeling better soon. I had my second one done on the 12th of September. I feel your pain! Hang in there. It goes away...eventually, LOL. Hugs Sent from my...
  11. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    @tiredwife I'm staying on top of it. Thank you for the reminder! It is so easy to slack off. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  12. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    @kneeper oh I'm sorry to hear you have fibro too. :( I hear you on the muscles. It is just horrible! I do the exact same thing with the heating pad. And definitely away from the knee. And you're right, the fibro is worse than the knee most of the time! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    @tiredwife thank you for always writing back. You are so nice to care. :) I'm a bit better today and I'm now down to one oxycodone every four hours. I'll take two on the days of PT. AMAZING how my body reacts to things. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    I'm not quite sure what to do. Im beside myself with pain. My fibro has kicked in big time. I'm medicated properly and am scheduled but it's not even the knee. It's everything else. My body is so hyper sensitive I'm just miserable. By here are times I wonder why I'm even on the planet to...
  15. Lauramacky

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    @tiredwife oh your hubby is so lucky! I fear I will be at this for awhile. And maybe my PT is right the way he's handling things. I'm so sore today and he barely did anything to me. Oh well....hopefully in a couple months I'll be better. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom