Bonnie, So glad to hear how well you are doing. Sounds like your life is going pretty good and with new grandchildren how exciting for you. How special you remembered Sonja’s birthday! Maybe that’s a sign of good faith. Best to you! Nancy
Yes, I had it done about two years ago to both my right knee and my neck. My neck has started to give me problems again so I need it done again. For my knee it didn’t stop the pain but it did stop my jumpy leg.
My visit to the Mayo Clinic was not successful. They were very thorough as I had 4 days testing. The doctor suspected alignment to be the problem but the test couldn’t get the readings they needed as I had some bone loss and calcification. I had no sign of loosening or infection which was...
Thanks Bonnie for sharing the sad news about Sonja. She really was a fighter so sorry to hear.
Also, I see you have had many surgery’s but are pain free. I have had three replacements on my right and have pain when on my feet more than hour or sometimes less. My surgeon says it is scar...
You maybe right I just don’t want to sacrifice more ROM. I’m about 120 now. Does not having knee caps make your knees look strange? Can you put pressure on your knees like crawling? Thanks
Thanks so much for this information as it helps me with a decision I may have to make. I see your knee caps were removed prior to your knee replacement. Happy to hear your success with ROM and riding your bike.
Josephine, I’m reviewing your post and have some questions.
If they need to remove my patella you say it will shorten my Quads. Does that mean I will not be able to regain my present ROM? How about the tension band will it affect my ROM? I can ride a bike but if I loose ROM I would no...
Update on my knees... Kelly recommended the Mayo Clinic. I contacted the MC in Phoenix and sent all my records of past surgeries. The surgeon replied that he could not help me but I was recommended to contact the MC in Minnesota. I found a doctor that I sent all my records to and he felt he...
I had a spacer replaced and within 6 weeks I was off meds and on my way to recovery. I would say a complete recovery at 3 mo if you do your therapy. You are young so I’m sure you will have a fast recovery.
Kelly, you're fantastic! I hope I don’t have to but it sure makes me feel better knowing the options. I will keep you posted.
Thank you for this information. I definitely needed to know my options and what I may need in the future if the pain remains. What type of surgeon would specialize...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.