Recent content by lanice1972

  1. lanice1972

    THR Ready for the blessings coming my way...

    @younghippie, good morning my hippie friend! Your recovery sounds almost exactly like mine, except I had anterior. I have also had issues with getting dizzy when i stand up. On fact, it delayed my PT in the hospital for a few hours. When I stood up my BP was dropping to 80/40 and below. It...
  2. lanice1972

    THR On the other side!

    Hello all! Tuesday was my big day! I am the proud recipient of a new ceramic, PINK (my very favorite color), right hip! I have bee having hip issues for almost ten years now and am SO ready to not have to think about it anymore. I have to admit the recovery so far has been a little harder...
  3. lanice1972

    THR Ready for the blessings coming my way...

    Congratulations to my surgery buddy! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Even though we were miles apart, it felt good to know I had someone close to my age doing the same thing. I keep hearing that the firstly few days are the worst and the. It's down hill from there! Whatdoyasay we kick this...
  4. lanice1972

    Any alternative to antiembolism "TED" stockings?

    Hello all, I made it to the other side!! I will start a recovery thread soon but have a quick question. I am having a difficult time with the TED hose I'm wearing ad have to wear for 4 weeks. I have large calves and the stockings are very painful to wear. Does any one know of any...
  5. lanice1972

    Not long now! First thing Monday May 5th!

    I know I'm late to the party given the time difference, but still praying and sending positive energy your way for both of you! Good luck and God Speed!
  6. lanice1972

    how to deal with pain

    @TTBONE, I feel your pain.. Literally. I have had several different types of pain medications to choose from that have helped during the day. When I wake up stiff and achy, I could take naproxen, if that didn't help, I had torodol that is actually for my migraines but would help with my hip...
  7. lanice1972

    Our week's coming up!!

    Thanks you all. I've been trying to keep my mind off the surgery because this week has been soooo long. But now the weekend is here and I have so much I want to do before surgery. I want to plant flowers, and prepare meals for the freezer, clean the house,,etc. I don't even care how bad it...
  8. lanice1972

    Last day at work!

    God Speed @M1ke!!
  9. lanice1972

    Anyone get the "Blues" prior to surgery?

    @M1ke do you know the website your daughter went to?
  10. lanice1972

    Anyone get the "Blues" prior to surgery?

    Wow this conversation has been so helpful! The weird thing for me is that I'm not scared or anxious, I'm just kind of numb. At first I was excited, then curious, then more excited, now just numb. I'm so ready to just get there and be on the other side and it feels like time is crawling! I'm...
  11. lanice1972

    Anyone get the "Blues" prior to surgery?

    Thank you all for your comments. I feel a little more "normal" now.
  12. lanice1972

    Anyone get the "Blues" prior to surgery?

    Hello all, I am schedule for RTHR on May 6th, and am wondering if I'm crazy or if anyone else has experienced pre-surgery blues. I can't even really describe it except I feel completely numb about the process. Two weeks ago and couldn't get enough information about it, and now I have to...
  13. lanice1972

    How many doctors do (should) you see before making a decision?

    Hi Chessie, Welcome! For me it was fairly easy.. I researched doctors until my eyeballs crossed, narrowed it down to a couple, that had really good reputations and high ratings, and then made appointments with both of them. I'll admit it was pretty simple to narrow it down to just a couple...
  14. lanice1972

    Anyone else obsessing for information prior to surgery?

    @eric.tx, What part of Texas are you in? @psychteach, I agree with you that people seem to mostly post negative stories. The odd thing is though, with THR, I seem to find more and more stories about how it was so great, and how it changed people's lives. This time its a little different...
  15. lanice1972

    Anyone else obsessing for information prior to surgery?

    One of the benefits of obsessing is that when I have conversations with the surgeon, I am able to intelligently articulate questions and answers and really understand what he is saying. I have found that when you are extremely informed about the situation, they tend to give more information and...
Back
Top Bottom