Recent content by LanaKay

  1. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    Surgery: Jan. 9 and May 29, 2018. Thanks to all I've learned here I am having a much better PT experience than my first knee post surgery treatment. On left knee in January I had a significant "pressure" day at PT after weeks of all going well. A zealous PT wanted great ROM and pushed my knee...
  2. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    Today in rehab has been divine. It's weekend and pt's are off. The replacement wanted to give me massage, with no exercise. Wow. It felt so good. no exercise tomorrow. Slowly I am getting better, but the left one was amazing. I have to realize this knee is it's own...we will recover but...
  3. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    merge would be great
  4. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    Surgery went well but the easy first days I had in January with left knee didn'ts in happen this time. Seems those long lasting leg nerve blocks are discouraged now. They want feeling and movement as soon as possible. Wow what a difference. I'm in rehab. Everyone is so gracious and they...
  5. L

    Lanakay TKR right this time

    Packing up for hospital Tuesday. Busy making sure everything is like I want it when I return. I feel so much more confident than I did in Jan. when I had first one done. Thanks to all of you in helping me through it before; now I know you're here through this one.
  6. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    Thanks for help. I will revisit sleep article. I need to dig into the how to on posting. I usually just read posts everyday. Even now i'm not sure this post will be correct. You offer so much I'm sure you need more complex techniques for access to all that you offer than I have become...
  7. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    help. I feel bad like I'm a whiner because my recovery has been swift. my only issue is sleepless nights. when I do get to sleep pain wakes me up. lately I've started back taking oxycodone that I have from January Rx. I'm planning to phone doc for something for the pain stronger than Tylenol...
  8. L

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I'm scheduled for right tkr May 31, 2018 I'm doing very well with Jan 9, 2018 left tkr. thank goodness I have all of you on board. I know from reading here that each knee is unique. hoping I will have similar experience with right as I did with left.
  9. L

    TKR right May 31, 2018

    we have my right knee scheduled for tkr May 31. I'm doing great with recovery on left knee tkr 1/9/2018. Hope this goes as smoothly as my left knee has been doing. thanks to you wonderful bonesmart friends I'm ready for this one.
  10. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    my left knee done on 1-9-2018 is like new. little pain at night. I have my life back. no meds, through with PT, and kicking high. doc scheduled right knee operation for may 31. thanks for this forum I have gone through this with knowing what to anticipate. bucking well meaning pushy PT was worth...
  11. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    I've been home since Thursday. I'm doing so well I am amazed. Staples removed yesterday. Doc said I can drive because I'm down to ibuprophen for pain. I use cane for extra support but do not need it. Will go to first out patient physical therapy Thursday. I am doing exercises faithfully...
  12. L

    TKR May 29, 2018 right knee

    Tuesday I had first tkr on left knee. went very well. thank you folks for preparing me. I'm at rehab which I needed at first. I'm doing so well. very little discomfort. down to Tylenol and ice machine. walking with Walker but I would be fine with cane. has gone so much better than I ever dreamed...
  13. L

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Thoughts are for you as Tuesday nears. i will have mine done the following Tuesday. Time to get this going and be on the other side getting better.
  14. L

    Hold up for Jan 9 surgery

    Good news on ekg. Othopedist called and said no one at hospital can figure out how I got that call. Everyone who read the ekg and the one who did the test can find nothing irregular about my heart etc. So all is a go. I'm rushing around getting in gear. Christmas took first place and now...
  15. L

    January TKR

    I went to the site but I can't figure out how to post my date of surgery without starting a new thread. It's Jan. 9 on left knee, tkr.
Back
Top Bottom