Recent content by lambo

  1. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @Hip Hip Hooray! When did you have your surgery and what type did you have?
  2. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @pamac , @Jaycey , @AndyH99 You guys are truly to kind. I appreciate the kind comments and encouragement. This past week I was definitely experiencing some down and blue days. The cold is passing and finally I am able to cough everything up and out. Recovery seems to be back on track. The PT...
  3. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @AndyH99 I appreciate the encouragement. Today seems to be a bit better than the last two, with respect to the cold. Today my bandage came off completely. I wasn't ready for the sight and the way it feels. It's sad that we have to have this huge scar; As if the preexisting circumstance wasn't...
  4. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @Jaycey Thanks for the positive reassuring comments. I am definitely down for the count and will be resting mucho. I hope everyone is doing well!
  5. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @Suzette , @Poppet , @45goingon90 My apologies on the late response. Hip is doing good. Walking up and down the stairs fine. I am using a cane and it seems to be an accepted adjustment. I hadn't responded earlier due to my being sick. I started coming down with something Saturday evening and...
  6. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @45goingon90 Glad to hear you are doing well also. Yeah it's hard mentally to not want to be more active right away but we definitely don't want to get ahead of ourselves and find that we are right back into pain. My plan is to continuing to take it easy while progressing moderately and icing...
  7. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    Everyone, I am now 14 days out from surgery and things are looking up. In home PT with a therapist is going great. I have only had 4 sessions but I am noticing daily that my normal physical movement tendancies that I would consciously shy away from due to pain are unconsciously taking place...
  8. lambo

    THR Help - baths?

    @rtkitters So my doctor said not to soak my wound until about 4 weeks so I'm sure your wound is perfectly fine to do so but me being me I would advise just to wait the couple of extra days given you are showering. As for the process of getting in and out of the tub, only you really know what...
  9. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @Jaycey So true. Last night the thigh pain was back with a vengeance. What was getting around nicely early on in the day, which was what encouraged me to leave the house in the first place, quickly turned very painful in the evening. And it is so weird; You would think that most pain we feel...
  10. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @zauberflöte Man, yesterday I had a slight relief with the thigh pain. Today, my wife and I went out for a few hours, I even brought a cooler with ice packs to ice, and the pain is back. How quickly my body tells me when enough is enough. At home on the couch elevating, icing and resting!
  11. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @Josephine and @Jaycey Thank you for the responses and the tips. I am completely on board with the recovery processes that you have posted and due assure you that they have already been very useful. Thank you for taking the lead on this forum.
  12. lambo

    THR PK9's Recovery

    @Peligrok9 I just got done reading your threads and am super stoked to hear that you are having a great recovery at your age. Reading of your recovery has gotten me super amped and motivated to get my mind and body ready for what is ahead in my near future. I am only a week and two days out of...
  13. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @lalo Wow. That sounds like quite a bit to deal with. I am getting worked with just the hip and I can only imagine adding a knee on top of it. Good luck on your progression and I will keep your situation in mind when I need a little perspective.
  14. lambo

    THR Extreme Fatique

    @gazelle7777 Hey there. So I am not as far out of the woods as you are but as for the exhaustion I think it is normal. Everyone will experience these exhaustive type effects and I am sure they are amplified with pain killers. But the way I kind of thought about it was to compare it to a...
  15. lambo

    THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

    @lalo Yeah that does sound very similar. I definitely wish the initial Core decompression surgery worked but am definitely glad that I am now on this side of the THR process. So you are 8wks postop...Any bike riding our activities of the same nature in your playing cards as of yet?
Back
Top Bottom