Recent content by lalibeila

  1. L

    THR DONE!

    I'm so impressed and inspired by your recovery, I'm still trying to get to the foot on my op leg and I'm a couple e of weeks ahead of you, i'll keep trying. Thanks for sharing.
  2. L

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Hi Bickypeg All you are feeling is absolutely normal, things will get better one day at a time until you see so much improvement you will be amazed. Watch out for week 5 feeling low, it seems many of us have that. Week 3 feels like a milestone in a positive way. Week 6 - lots of progress and...
  3. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    Thanks Mojo and Eman, good advice, the 6 week check and x-ray were what I needed to feel confident to take the next steps, I am slowly pushing a bit further, realising the I have to test out the operated hip a bit more. I will get down to cut those toenails this week and noticed that I bent...
  4. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    Thought I'd update everybody. Last Friday I met with my consultant for my late 6 week post op appointment. The X-ray showed a perfectly positioned implant with the bone and my body accepting the new hip very well. The only concerns I had were the slight limp I have when walking independently, I...
  5. L

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    Hi Gillycat, Where in the UK are you? I love the sound of the gong bath and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments re the NHS, we have to make sure we protect it. How soon did you start swimming again, I'm just going into my sixth week and swam like crazy before the op, I think this helped...
  6. L

    THR tim77 in recovery

    Hey Tim, Welcome to recovery! Yeah its hard work, feels slow and like you're never going to feel Ok again, but the first couple of weeks are the worst and then each day you feel a little bit more positive, more able. Keep positive and take things at your own pace. Everyone is different, you will...
  7. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    Hey Layla, thank you so much for the flower, I've been busy with my youngest daughter's birthday today, spent most of the day making a chocolate cake and cooking for the family. It knocked me out but in a very good way. I have a question for everyone who has been itching (literally) to get rid...
  8. L

    THR Done & dancing in the halls

    OMG that was fast!!! Hope your recovery continues to amaze us all! Take good care of yourself, looking forward to following your journey.
  9. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    So, another week has flown by and I feel great. Movement gets stronger and easier every day, sometimes it's easy to forget that I've had an operation at all. Getting up in the morning I fling my legs off the bed and stand ready to walk, remember at the last minute that I still need the one...
  10. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    1stSurgery that made me laugh, wish I had a walk in shower!! Getting my legs over the bath before my surgery was such a crazy experience, bones clunking, now I can't imagine lifting that leg over in case I dislocate something. I so need a shower though so ill have to give it a go later. Thanks...
  11. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    Thanks too for the advice about going out, my kids (adults) have been brilliant in looking after me and have asked to take me out but I am still worrying about getting in a car, or on a bus. Caution again. I've set myself a goal to go out early next week to Richmond Park, maybe have lunch in my...
  12. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    Thank you so much everyone for the tips and support, I realise that I already do walk around the kitchen, well from the washing up to the cooker, to the kettle using the furniture - so I'll keep on doing the same until I feel ready to launch into a more open space. I meant to ask a couple of...
  13. L

    THR three weeks in, scared to walk unaided

    Thanks Crisps, I think that's the best thing about this forum that we are all constantly reminded to take it easy on ourselves. I know I'm doing OK and everyday I can do something I didn't do yesterday, some people have a much harder journey. Concentrating now on heel to toe walking with my...
  14. L

    Welcome to the May Marvels' 2018 Hip Recovery Club!

    I had my LTHR on 31st May, have already been helped so much by this site someone here has already gone through everything I have and given me strength to get through the challenging days
  15. L

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    Before the op is the scariest time, the pain you've had to live with will be gone as soon as you wake up. I had my THR on 31st May and today I'm pain free, standing straight and looking forward to getting my life back. You will be fine.
Back
Top Bottom