Recent content by lahoh01

  1. lahoh01

    TKR Dropped Foot

    I had some pinched nerve issues early on causing a drop foot issue. They gave me a steriod to reduce swelling and I did a couple weeks of PT. Now to help reoccurrence I do the exercises before I get out of bed in the morning. I do still get a pinched nerve now and then, but I go back to the...
  2. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    Hello again everyone. It's been a while since I have posted. Just thought I would check in to see if anyone else experiences similar issues. I frequently am quite stiff and achy in my TKR knee. Still have a feeling of tightness, mostly at the top of my shin bone. I'm beginning to think...
  3. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    I didn't have a patellectomy, I really meant when they put my kneecap back on after the TKR it seems to be lower. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't been in PT since late May early June. I only recently went back due to the pinched nerve.
  4. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    It's been a while since I have posted. I am now 22 weeks post-op. About a month ago I began experiencing issues with my right foot. It did not seem to be getting the message to move when I was walking and I also had some pressure feeling down the right side of my shin. After discussing with...
  5. lahoh01

    TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

    I bet you are loving having those staples out. I know it was a huge relief to me.
  6. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    I'm now just over 3 months post op. I'm happy to say that most of my jumpy, restless leg night issues are subsiding now. I get them every now and then, but usually a 15-20 minute ice pack will shut it down. I'm easily going up and down stairs, not at breakneck speed yet. My knee still feels...
  7. lahoh01

    TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

    The first few days are the most difficult. Especially when the anesthesia all wears off. That's when you need to make sure you are up on your pain meds. All of us can't stress enough the importance of staying ahead of your pain. Rest, ice, and elevation are your friends right now. Don't...
  8. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    He was at a local hospital in Concord, New Hampshire.
  9. lahoh01

    TKR 4 months post-op, dismissed from PT, sartorius tendon?

    Not sure, I am 12 weeks out and I think I have more of an issue still with my hamstring and need to stretch that a little bit. No pain, but I can feel the tension. The satorius muscle starts behind inside knee and stretches up across thigh to hip area.
  10. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    Good luck @flyaway79 ! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the late night leg jitters!! But seriously, enough already!
  11. lahoh01

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Wow, you are doing awesome for a month out from both knees! Congratulations!
  12. lahoh01

    TKR Recovery, Here I Come!

    Hang in there! There is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm proof of that. For many weeks I was very concerned that I had made a big mistake. My quad was dead, lots of pain, not sleeping. I was being hammered at PT three times a week and getting nowhere. I finally quit PT, got good meds to...
  13. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    Update, tomorrow will be 12 weeks post op. I've been walking unassisted for 2 weeks now. Can go up and down stairs, slowly. For most part am feeling pretty good. Still have some night time jumpiness in my leg that is calmed with a little ice and sometimes an oxy. I had my check up with...
  14. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    Paula, no I stopped the PT a week or so ago. I went back to work after being off for 5 weeks. Went back for half days the first week then just about full days after that. I do go home at lunch and elevate and ice my leg each day. I also do take short walks during the day up the hall and...
  15. lahoh01

    TKR 8 Weeks Out

    I don't believe I do alot during the day. I do work full time, but my job has me at my desk for the majority of the day. I try not to do alot of walking around.
Back
Top Bottom