TKR 8 Weeks Out

@lahoh01, I have no kneecaps at all on either knee. I have no experience with what you are asking.

You are still early in your recovery. I remember that at 12 weeks I began to feel better, but was amazed that I still had to deal with swelling. you are over the worst of recovery, but there is still the issue of muscle development and your knee will feel better as your quads recover. I never had any pinched nerves---and I am surprised that you would have more than one. I know that many people take gabapentin for nerve pain, I will tag @Josephine since she can better advise you on the nerve pain issue.

Hello again everyone. It's been a while since I have posted. Just thought I would check in to see if anyone else experiences similar issues. I frequently am quite stiff and achy in my TKR knee. Still have a feeling of tightness, mostly at the top of my shin bone. I'm beginning to think that my knee will never really feel normal again. I still ice it from time to time to relieve soreness. I also get frequent pinched nerves. Especially after walking on very hard surfaces, like food shopping. Would love to hear from others on these issues.

@lahoh01 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if necessary

@lahoh01 - It's over a year since you had your TKR. Please can we change your thread title?

If you would suggest a different title, we get it changed for you.

Yes, I think there are people who still experience symptoms like yours. Although we say that full recovery takes a year, we've had several people her who said that their recovery went well into a second year.

@lahoh01 Yea! I was having trouble finding this thread after getting an email about it, but now I can see it since they have "merged"

Ok, I am about 13 1/2 months out and often experiencing some daily discomfort. Mostly some stiffness and soreness. Not enough to need medication. Pretty minor but really annoying since knee number one ( 3 1/2 years) is fine.

What is so frustrating is that my ROM is tremendous and I can do my aerobic dance, ride my bike, walk at least 4 mile and do my Tai Chi with very little difference in how it feels.

It does vary a bit, though. On good days I'm ecstatic - oh yippy,, its finally done! And then , alas, it retreats back to some daily pain and then I get discouraged. At this point, I think its continuing to slowly get better OR I am adjusting?

Saw my surgeon last week for one year check-up. You all know the story " the devices look PRISTINE ( his words)."
Just keep on keeping on.

So...@lahoh01 what are we to do? At this point I feel my only option is to "wait and see. I have a friend with a double TKR that had a really rough time and she told me it was 2 full years before she didnt have daily sensation.

At this point I feel my only option is to "wait and see. I have a friend with a double TKR that had a really rough time and she told me it was 2 full years before she didnt have daily sensation.
While the thought of 2 years is discouraging, it is also encouraging to those of us who have pristine implants but don’t feel recovered. I’m almost 16 months and not recovered yet.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom