Recent content by ladymax

  1. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    Happy Birthday to you too "Pumpkin" :) I hope you had a good day. I had a fine day. Spent it at Disney. On vacation here, and struggling ALOTwith leg. So much pain and limited ability to walk, still, six months after surgery, I had to use a rented wheelchair just to get around. Still had enough...
  2. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    I did see the Dr, yes. thanks for asking. The xrays look fine. That is a relief. He said it's just normal pain, and that it could be 8-12 months till I feel much better. I'm pretty depressed about this. I was so hoping to be at least better than before surgery by now (re. pain and function), but...
  3. L

    Revision TKR How long is recovery???

    So sorry to hear you are having such difficulties. Your surgery is just a few days away now...how are you feeling? I wish you the best of luck with the arthroscope.
  4. L

    TKR I did it!!

    Congratulations on your new knee. Wishing you an uneventful recovery!
  5. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    I'm going to call Monday for an appt. They did take xrays at my 3 wks post op visit, but nothing since, inluding after the MUA, so it might be time for new xrays. Would tiny fractures show up on xray? I can't think of anything else that would cause this kind of bony pain, but what do I know.
  6. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    I could use some input. I'm now 4 mths post op PKR (medial) with lateral release. I am sort of stuck in my progress. I'm still at about 120 degrees, which is ok. I am not in PT, but I do daily stretching and walk whenever I am up to it, which is a few days a week. I manage a few blocks, then the...
  7. L

    TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

    Best of luck to you!
  8. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    Hi all. Things are definately improving again. The nerve pain from the ocean tumble is all better :) Being out of work is a mixed blessing. I know I'm not ready yet, mostly because of endurance. I have been increasing my walks ever so slowly, but get pain and stiffness quickly. I am not worried...
  9. L

    Icing Tools

    I just use the gel packs - got them on Amazon for $16 each. Use a light tea towel to capture any moisture (minimal) and protect the skin. I think three would give you good rotation, always having one nice and cold to grab. JMHO
  10. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    I was scheduled to return to work part time Aug 25, then to full time end of Sept. Dr. approved it and paperwork was going through, then, at the last minute, between my OS and STD folks, it was pushed out to Oct 27! At first I was really annoyed, but now I'm thinking it was the right thing...
  11. L

    PKR what is normal?

    Definately doing too much. Have you been able to slow down at all? How's the pain and function?
  12. L

    PKR Pain meds after 8 weeks? Does anyone else need pain meds after 8 weeks?

    How are you doing these days? Haven't seen you post in a while.
  13. L

    Revision TKR How long is recovery???

    Now that I'm more active I'm noticing the familar crunching and grinding that I had before surgery. I think its from the patella, and that wasn't replaced. It's somewhat painful, but not like you're describing. I hope you get some relief soon!
  14. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    The nerve pain seems to be slowly improving. No need to bring in a Dr at this point. I think I'll be fine. I wonder if anyone reading this has a leg length discrepency. I have for 30 yrs now, since my femur fracture. For years I had lifts put on my sneakers, and since I worked in sneakers, that...
  15. L

    PKR Two weeks in and support waning

    Last night I tried rubbing in some Voltarin creme to the area, (something I had from my arthritis days), and it seems to help some. I slept better last night. I'll continue applying it as needed, and if still getting the nerve pain in couple days, I'll call the Dr. to discuss.
Back
Top Bottom