Recent content by Lady Bear

  1. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Hi all. Thanks again for all your replies so.....we took the sticky dressing off and most if the scab came off with it ... I'm very lucky to have a very thin scar so not too much scab came off. Phew! Doc told me to put another dressing on it and to still not get it wet. I'm having a lot if issue...
  2. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Hi all. Thanks for your ongoing support. The people and this forum really are fantastic! I apologise for such late reply, I have just paid my bill and am now back in the land of the internet! I have been doing what was suggested. Icing/elevation and resting. I'm better than I was I'm moving...
  3. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Yes it is a Rocky road isn't it! I'm still really struggling to sleep on my back, my leg has to be raised. It's still very painful when the meds start to wear off. Not walking much....only to the toilet and back. Most of my time is spent in bed due to swelling when I sit. I'm still icing my hip...
  4. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Hi @Fairydell thats really awful ..sorry to hear that. Glad to hear the tablets are taking the edge off and I hope in time things will get better for you. Thanks for recommending Epson salts...is that used in the bath? My leg feels like a lead weight, I have to manually move it and feels so...
  5. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    @Mojo333 Yes that's a good idea, thanks. My friend is here with me reading all the posts and has offered to go to the red cross shop to see if we can borrow one or find a cheap one somewhere
  6. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    @Mojo333 I slept better with my leg raised, I had 3 staggered pillows and my leg was quite high, I did this because my knee was very sore and swollen. when I awoke the had pain in my lower left back and left buttock and terrible shin pain. It's been 4 hours since I got up and the pain is...
  7. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Thanks again for your reply's I'm eating ok. All bran/spinach/little bit of smoked salmon /broccoli/rocket/fish/oranges/apples. Getting some dried figs brought round today! Had quite a rough night sleep last night 11 days post op now... Finding it VERY DIFFICULT to lay flat with my leg...
  8. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Thank you @LAbabymama wish you well with your recovery hope your diarrhea goes soon. Will keep my chin up
  9. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Have limited funds at the moment so can't go out buying lots of different things to help. I can stretch to some dried figs to see if that will help the process along!
  10. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Thanks all for your suggestions. So the docs gave me laxido, told me to have 5 sachets in a pint if water and to drink 3 liters of water a day. That was yesterday. Have had 7 sachets today .... Still nothing thinking I have fecal impact. Will try more sachets tomorrow if nothing I think another...
  11. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Oh and have cancelled the hob centre appointment.....having a telephone appointment instead. If I decline this my benefits may stop! Well they will tell his drowsy I feel by my speech!
  12. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Been reading all the things everyone has suggested thanks....very helpful. More helpful than the care I received in the hospital! They couldn't wait to get me out of there! Should of been out on the 3rd day after the op...it was the 6th. My OS said I shouldn't be in this much pain....I agreed...
  13. L

    Imminent THR and having thoughts of cancelling

    @LAbabymama Wow! You've had the op and posting already!! Thanks for the message. Wishing you all the best and hope they sort your pain meds out soon
  14. L

    THR Difficult Post operative LTHR

    Hi all. Well....I did it! Really appreciate all of you who wrote a reply pre op...it really helped my anxietys. Unfortunately the start of recovery has been very upsetting with so so much pain. I was in theatre for an hour longer than normal. Apparently my socket was a mess and my pelvis was...
  15. L

    Imminent THR and having thoughts of cancelling

    Hi all. Having a bad time of it. Will post in post op forum if i can find it! Brain isn't working properly..on so many meds. Only came out of hospital last night. First time I've been back on the forum. Thanks everyone for your continuing support ❤️
Back
Top Bottom