Recent content by kymamaw

  1. kymamaw

    THR Rosalita's Recovery Thread

    I'm 9 weeks out from my hip surgery and I have found that doing the pt exercises at home have even made my recovery worse. So, I stopped, relaxed, slept in my recliner until I could get into the bed. Now I am doing so much better. I'm with Bonesmart on the thought that all is needed for the hip...
  2. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    :wave:Good morning, thank you for checking on me. I talked to my PA at my OS office. He ask me a lot of questions over the phone. Told me to be sure and take Mobic every day and to not do PT. Do this for a week and if the pain is still there he will give me a steroid taper. I am sleeping in my...
  3. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    It is painful to try to raise my leg to get into the car, golf cart etc. It doesn't hurt or feel weak when I walk.
  4. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    7 weeks since my surgery. I am getting around fairly well, sometimes use my cane. I am still not able to get into my golf cart or personal vehicle. I can't raise my leg and my groin area is painful when I try to lift it. Should I be able to do this at 7 weeks? It has me concerned. I appreciate...
  5. kymamaw

    THR Pain at night 5 weeks after hip replacement

    I'm 6 weeks out from my right hip replacement. I slept in my recliner every night until last night, the only way. I found that walking easily and slowly did more for me than anything. I did 4 PT visits and that was enough. Try to relax and let yourself heal, less is more. You CAN'T OVERDO IT...
  6. kymamaw

    THR My thigh muscle is too weak

    Mile and a half, now that is an endeavor. Hope the ice helped. Everytime I think the weather might be good enough to walk, it rains or is cold. Can't win. Hang in there. :wave: :thumb::hiking:
  7. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    My PA told me I could sleep in my bed any way I need to so I am going to try it again tonight. Thank you for your response. Stay well. :thumb: :sleep::sleep:
  8. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    I'm 6 weeks out from anterior TRHR and I'm wondering if I still need to be concerned with crossing my feet when sleeping in the bed?
  9. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    Hello all, I'm 6 weeks out from anterior TRHR and I'm wondering if I still need to be concerned with crossing my feet when sleeping in the bed? I have tried sleeping in my bed 3 times now and nothing is working like it should. I'm really leary of moving the wrong way, crossing my feet, letting...
  10. kymamaw

    THR My thigh muscle is too weak

    Hi Grammy57, glad you got the 3 month checkup over with. Maybe a little more walking will help your muscle. I finally graduated to my cane a few days ago. I probably need to do more strengthening exercises too. My 2nd follow-up was supposed to be on March 23 but I canceled it because of this...
  11. kymamaw

    THR Anterior Approach Surgery Scheduled for Left Hip in March

    :SUNsmile::thumb: Hope things go well today.
  12. kymamaw

    THR MItzi107's Recovery Thread

    Hi Mitzi, I am 4 weeks post op as well. Like you I can feel the groin pinch after taking several steps. I have tried twice to sleep in my bed but that didn't work. All I do is TRY to wallow. That didn't work either. :gaah:As for my balance, it seems to be ok. I just seem to have some fogginess...
  13. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    I hope everyone has a super relaxing, healing weekend!:spin::flwrysmile:
  14. kymamaw

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    :happydance:Finally the swelling in feet and ankles has let up a bit today. Still have some thigh swelling and the burn, when will it end. :nah:
Back
Top Bottom