Recent content by Kssii

  1. Kssii

    2025 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Well just checking in again. Had my knee surgery August 19, 2025.
  2. Kssii

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    Ok so I have very little pain and almost total use of the shoulder. The amount of damage from the original MRI in 2015 is why they say a reverse TSR. My original doctor retired and the new one, who is giving me the PRP, said, “You got eight years the last time around, we will hope for five...
  3. Kssii

    2025 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Well I am back! Surgery August 19. First discovered this site before my 2016 right knee replacement. My left knee had the inside cartilage removed in 1980. My ACL is very stretched out and the knee has slid sideways toward the inside until it is hanging over about 1 1/2 “ to the inside...
  4. Kssii

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    Well it is 2025 and yes, I did finally get another PRP shot a month ago in my right shoulder. I had developed a severe pain under my right shoulder blade that I think was referred pain from the shoulder itself. It required a round of prednisone to get it stopped. So far so good—still have good...
  5. Kssii

    Ream and Run Questions Concerns

    The only imaging I have had is incidental—upper body CT scan month ago. It was noted that I have severe appearing osteoarthritic changes of the right glenohumeral joint. Yes, you will spend some money out of pocket to do PRP, but if it saves you from an operation….
  6. Kssii

    Ream and Run Questions Concerns

    In my MRI, I had multiple arthritic remodeling lesions along the glenoid, the head of the humerus flatten from artheritis as well as three partial rotator cuff tears. My shoulder would “lock down” nightly as I sat on the couch due to pain. I couldn’t fully lift or rotate my arm; I couldn't...
  7. Kssii

    Ream and Run Questions Concerns

    Before you do anything, please consider PRP. I was told ten years ago I needed a shoulder replacement. I had a “clean out” in 2015 that didn’t work and in 2016 had PRP—still going strong. Check out my progress in my past posts.
  8. Kssii

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    I do want clarify PRP, platelet rich plasma, is not a surgery. It is simply a shot.
  9. Kssii

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    In 2014 my doctor told me I needed a shoulder replacement. I fought doing it and in 2015 had a “clean out” because I didn’t want the total shoulder replacement he recommended. After the clean out I recovered quickly and had virtually no pain—for a few weeks, but then things deteriorated...
  10. Kssii

    MIL, 91, shoulder bone on bone

    Well more than four years later and yes, I am still doing well. I can’t believe how well the PRP worked for me. Hope other will check it out.
  11. Kssii

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    Checking in! Just to let you guys know—three years since PRP and still way less pain than before I had it done! The shoulder still never “locks down” and I can still put up the dishes, close the car door etc. I haven’t had any physical therapy for two years. Am I totally pain free—no, but...
  12. Kssii

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I too am over two years out and am experiencing pain but on the outside of the knee around the knee cap. I also have some popping and if I step wrong something “bites” me at the back of the knee. I have excellent extension (possibly too much!) and very good bend as well. Figure it is just...
  13. Kssii

    A Shoulder Saga

    Jamie wish you would at least talk to someone about PRP. Your story is so much like mine. I was getting desperate when I decided to try it. It has been 19 mths. and I feel better now than I did two years before I had it done. I am serious--I haven't taken any pain meds. for my shoulder since...
  14. Kssii

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    Suzanne I don't understand doing PRP on replaced joints?!
  15. Kssii

    Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

    Of course no one can say for sure how anyone will react to this procedure and some people, for whatever reason, will get better results than others. However, your condition sounds a lot like mine plus I also have three partial rotator tears. Cortisone shots did absolutely nothing for me. It...
Back
Top Bottom