Hi! Just an up date on my PRP for my shoulder

Well it is 2025 and yes, I did finally get another PRP shot a month ago in my right shoulder. I had developed a severe pain under my right shoulder blade that I think was referred pain from the shoulder itself. It required a round of prednisone to get it stopped. So far so good—still have good rotation, and lifting ability with that shoulder and minimal pain even though doctors insist I need a reverse shoulder replacement.
 
I’m glad this treatment is working for you. Have you asked the doctors why they insist that the shoulder needs to be replaced now? Sometimes damage can get so severe that it makes the recovery less successful. You wouldn’t want to delay if that is a possibility.
 
Ok so I have very little pain and almost total use of the shoulder. The amount of damage from the original MRI in 2015 is why they say a reverse TSR. My original doctor retired and the new one, who is giving me the PRP, said, “You got eight years the last time around, we will hope for five this time.” At almost 78 I feel like that is a good option—especially considering a reverse TSR usually ends up with a lot of restrictions after a lot of pain and time to recover.
 
That makes perfect sense then. I would probably make the same decision if it was my shoulder. Thanks for providing the additional details. I misunderstood and thought your surgeon was recommending that you have the replacement done now. Obviously he’s on board with this more conservative treatment.
 
@Kssii I agree to stick with what is working. With steroid injections, I got another whole year from a shoulder that definitely needed to be replaced. Best wishes as you move forward.
 
Back
Top Bottom