Recent content by Krista1220

  1. Krista1220

    TKR Post Op, Starting Week 6: what to do about continuing with PT

    @Jamie @Layla @benne68 @sistersinhim YES! I’m dehydrated, the nutrition part is not being tended to well and overdoing. Taking a break right now. I read all of your responses this morning and it really helped a lot. obviously, dealing with anxiety and worry. Overthinking which leads to...
  2. Krista1220

    TKR Post Op, Starting Week 6: what to do about continuing with PT

    Hey! Need some perspective. Week 10. post-op OK, why is my knee in so much pain NOW? Am I still supposed to be taking painkillers… I don’t think so. Tender, remains warm-hot feeling always. Feel nauseous/flushed. All seems tied to doing more. Pushing through pain as I go downstairs...
  3. Krista1220

    TKR Post Op, Starting Week 6: what to do about continuing with PT

    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the validation. After I wrote last night responding to you and @Layla and for others to learn from our experiences… I fell asleep. I was awakened by a deep pain, deep aching in my leg muscles . Quads muscles mostly. I was awakened multiple times thinking...
  4. Krista1220

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Oh my gosh. Now I feel like an idiot (like when I go to PT) . @Flashcat I just welcomed you to the club and congratulated you on your TKR. Oh boy!!! I’m messaging all this from my phone and somehow the dates got mixed up… I just saw the headline for your thread that said “Struggling a...
  5. Krista1220

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Same!!!! so you wanna go somewhere this weekend? Are you kidding me… This was when I was at two weeks. Does anybody know what’s going on? Lol.
  6. Krista1220

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Ooh, I’m so sorry about the past medical trauma being reactivated. Yep! This will do it. I realize that’s my resistance toward PT as well. Judgment that ties to early childhood trauma that was reactivated. People pleasing behavior. I mean I’m a 57-year-old woman and I’m concerned about what a...
  7. Krista1220

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Welcome, welcome to the club @Flashcat .:meow: Congratulations on tackling your TKR. It’s so good that you found BoneSmart (and that it exists). :happyfeet: They have given me a whole other way to consider healing. I had been in Facebook groups preop, postop tkr groups before. In 2022 that...
  8. Krista1220

    TKR Post Op, Starting Week 6: what to do about continuing with PT

    Thank you so much, Layla! I saw your message last week and it made me feel great. I feel I’m doing well. Walking my dog, Holly 2 to 3 times a day for 10 minute walks, going to the dog park with her, (she’s an older gal, Holly, so the dog park isn’t the best actually cause she mostly lies down...
  9. Krista1220

    TKR Post Op, Starting Week 6: what to do about continuing with PT

    Hello, hi there! So lovely of you to check in and say, also, “no judgment either .” I did decided to return to physical therapy. I went last week. 2 month mark. I wanted feedback about how I was walking, my range of motion, and advice about going downstairs. Up the stairs is fine. Well...
  10. Krista1220

    TKR Post Op, Starting Week 6: what to do about continuing with PT

    Hello TKR Friends & Bonesmart Staff, Having the same internal struggle with to go or not to go to PT as I did when I did my Left knee. I. Just. Don’t. Want. To. Go. Orders were for 2 x week for six weeks. I missed three sessions the last 2-3 weeks. Steady first 3 weeks. However, that wasn’t...
  11. Krista1220

    Welcome to the June Sunbeams 2025 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi there. R TKR 6/18/2025 (L TKR 11/28/2022)
Back
Top Bottom