Recent content by Korky51

  1. Korky51

    Revision THR Nerve damage

    I had a revision Left THR in January this year. (The right hip was revised last year). I had been doing well and exercising gently. However over the last few months, I have experienced intense, burning pain over the scar site. This is so painful I cannot do anything much without 'setting it...
  2. Korky51

    THR Arthrofibrosis after multiple THR

    Hi. I couldn't begin to offer you any advice other than you know your body better than anyone to please don't give up! I just felt moved to reply to your post and offer you lots of support and healing thoughts. This is really tough for you. Whatever happens physically, you need to work hard to...
  3. Korky51

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Hi Laura, Just sending you lots of support and healing thoughts. I know how difficult it is. It's easy to say but you really need to take a day at a time. At this stage it is very tough and we don't do ourselves any favours by trying to do things we are not ready to do. You have been through...
  4. Korky51

    THR Knee pain<

    Hi. Just today I have been to have a physiotherapy assessment of inner knee pain .( I have had two hip replacements on the right side as well as other surgery on the pelvis). They told me it was wear and tear of the MCL (Medial Collatteral Ligament ) and have suggested some sessions of treatment...
  5. Korky51

    THR Readysetgo Recovery

    Hi. I have my 'back to work' meeting tomorrow. I work with young people with physical and mental health difficulties so need to be emotionally on form as well as physically. I have been off work for 4.5 months so it will be a bit of a shock to the system. In a way though it will be good to think...
  6. Korky51

    Bilateral THR frustrated

    Relax as much as you can to allow the body to heal. It has been through a major trauma and unfortunately there are no quick fixes. You will, at this stage be able to do very little. The above advice of ice, rest and elevation, works really well and training yourself to be patient with your body...
  7. Korky51

    THR Hello everyone!

    What you are experiencing is completely normal. The body has been through a major trauma and needs times to heal and this actually takes a lot longer than people realise. It concerns me that patients being discharged very quickly ( I came 48 hours after a THR revision) get the idea that this...
  8. Korky51

    THR 14 months, still can't stand onthe THR leg<

    Sorry to hear about how tough it is for you at the moment. I can't advise you other than to go back to the surgeon and ask for more investigations. It is very hard emotionally and I sincerely sympathise. Just know that you are being thought of and I'm sending healing energies to you . Keep us...
  9. Korky51

    THR Pain in groin after left THR

    If it was me I would email or phone the surgeon and ask for his advice. I have had to do this before now and they told me to go back for check Xrays. In the meantime I would cut down on the exercise and let the leg rest to see if that improves your symptoms. I am at the same stage post-op as you...
  10. Korky51

    Revision THR On the other side

    I am 9 weeks post revision L THR. Doing OK. Still on crutches when I go out and sticks in the house. Seems to be taking longer to recover this time but only had right hip revised last January and also have a back problem. At the moment I am getting shooting pains in my hip and down my leg and it...
  11. Korky51

    THR Post Op Progress<

    I have had bladder problems following both revision surgeries, 8 weeks ago and 12 months ago. I too needed a catheter and now have to get to the toilet quickly or there are accidents which can be hugely embarrassing. I would suggest working on your pelvic floor muscles. It was explained to me...
  12. Korky51

    THR question about aching/stiffness at 7 plus months

    Aches and stiffness go with the territory I'm afraid. The best thing you can do is listen to what your body is telling you. I too have resisted taking pain medication in the past but I have come to realise that pushing through just exacerbates the situation. Let your body have a rest. I have...
  13. Korky51

    Limping

    Hello. I was thirty (20 years ago) when I had my first new hip following years of previous surgery to both sides.Two years later I had the other side done. At the time hip replacement in somebody my age was not that common or necessarily encouraged. However, I have never regretted having them...
  14. Korky51

    THR Still hurting after 3 years

    Sorry to hear you have had so many difficulties. Personally, having had numerous hip surgeries including 2 revision THRs in that last 12 months, I completely understand that continued pain is a battle both physically and mentally. I would get an appointment with your surgeon and talk through...
  15. Korky51

    Revision THR On the other side

    Thank you. I have a really good Pilates teacher who I have worked with for the last three years. I will give her a ring as I'm sure there are core exercises I can do from a chair to help support everything. The difficulty with having complex issues is that it is tricky not to create pain in the...
Back
Top Bottom