Recent content by Koopersmom

  1. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Thank you both for the information. I never thought about the walk from my car to plane. But on the other end, I am gonna have to rent a car so there will be a bit of walking there. Awesome information and tips from you both. Adding freezer bags and my ice back to the take list. Those...
  2. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    2 month update. It has been awesome and this site is a godsend. I went for my checkup last week and the surgeon was pleased with progress. My incisions are much better than anyone expected. I compared scars with a friend that had hers 3 years ago and we are very close in size, and healing...
  3. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    You all are absolutely awesome. It feels great to be at least validated. I appreciate you guys taking the time to encourage and also give your stories. I know this will get better and it is only a minor setback. Again, Thank you!
  4. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Thank you so much @MSgirl. I agree and will make the call now to cancel my appts. I am very discouraged and currently elevating both my knees. I can not get over how bad they hurt now. So glad I did not start it at day 5.
  5. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    @Whitepond, thank you for your response. I have been to PT several times over the years for my knees and never had good luck. I know my body better than they do and I understand I have to push and stretch. After reading on here about some that push till pain, I knew to be careful. She even...
  6. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    First off, please dont take this as me bashing my PT person. I could not and personally would not have wanted to start this 5 days after surgery. My husband had an upcoming court appearance (for ex wanting a lot more money). I had lawyer visits starting on day 5 after surgery. This took all...
  7. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    @MSgirl your pup is adorable. My profile pic is my monster, Kooper. The daily antics along are enough to keep me out of a blue feeling stage. He keeps me moving. At first he would patiently wait for me at top of stairs, now he snaps his fingers and tells me to move quicker. Haha. Truly...
  8. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    I found out the itching is actually chiggers/jiggers. Not sure which it is really called. I keep hearing both. So I got a strong cream and steroids for a few days. Thankfully, sleeping is much better. Still trying to find where I got them. Only been in grass maybe 7 feet to feed fish and...
  9. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Sorry, it keeps telling me the file is too large.
  10. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Another question....feet itching. Is it normal? My feet are very dry and every 12 hours they go thru this major itching phase. I cannot keep enough lotion on them. Granted I haven't been able to reach them for a while and they didnt start bothering me till 2 days ago. My mom left the day...
  11. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Ok ya'll another question, or two. I cannot sleep more than 2 hours at night. I have even tried taking the pain pills and benadryl to try to get some shut eye. Nothing is working. Pain pills are very minimal and usually don't take during day. Will this get better soon or do I need to try...
  12. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Thank you everyone for the responses. Yesterday afternoon, I finally got them to call me in something different. And was able to get almost 4 hours of sleep. Woohoo. After the first day on the couch, I am scared to do it again. We do have 3 recliners but after I took a nap on one and had...
  13. Koopersmom

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    I had bilateral partials done on Thursday, and I will skip the hospital stay and lack of information obtained. Got home midday Friday. Was excited for my own bed to get some rest. Made it to the couch and took a nap. Felt great when I woke up....short lived. Tried to get off of couch but...
  14. Koopersmom

    2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

    Tomorrow is my big and scary day. Sept 27th starts my new chapter. Bilateral partial knee replacements. Very sad that I just found this site last night, but have been reading all I can.
Back
Top Bottom