Bonnie so good to hear you are doing so well. I think of you from time to time and wondered how you are doing. Like the others the e-mail alert let me know you posted. Thanks also for the reminder about Sonja.
My knee is doing well but a little like you the human one is getting jealous!:heehee...
Glad to hear you are doing ok in this disaster. Thanks for the update.
Your knee sounds like it is doing great. Hope your foot improves soon. You are right you never give up. Good luck with your marathon.
Bonnie I am so sorry to hear you are again struggling with ROM and #arthrofibrosis again. My knee has settled in to a ROM of about 100 to 105 and although I wish it were more it is functional. I too am one who got good ROM at first then slowly things would tighten and scar up. I did have one...
I meet a very nice lady today at an estate sale. She was 3 weeks postop and getting around well. She ask me how long it was going to hurt. I told for me the worst was for the first 3 months but that it took about a year for things to really feel normal.
I gave her the name of our wonderful...
We took another hike today in the Smokey Mountains. Another lovely day. It was 2.2 miles.
My knee felt great. Even with 110 degree flexion I did fine. I'm so glad I have my bionic knee.
Wasn't so smart with the socks though. Forgot to wear thick ones with my hiking boots. My little toe got a...
My husband and I went for my birthday hike today in the Smokey Mountains and it was a lovely cool day for it. My knee did well and I could tell I had gained a few degrees since working on my flexion the last couple of weeks If my husband and I are measuring correctly I have gained about 3...
Bonnie I just finushed reading your thread from start to finish. I remember some of the things that were there from when I was on before back in 2011.
I am so amazed at your will to keep going and get better. You have crossed many mountains on the way. Not to mention family crisis and heart...
Annie I made a bad typo on my earler post to you. My LTKA was December 2010. I double checked the manipulation date it was May 2011. Sorry about those wrong dates.
Hope your swelling is improving and thus your ROM.
Hi Bonnie I remember you too and have thought about you from time to time. I've lost track with everyone being away so long. I see by your signature you have been through so much. I hope that times are much better now. I will find your thread and catch up hopefully this weekend.
I just read through the heel slide article that Josephine shared and the slides that can be done in a chair. I can sneak the chair ones in while I'm charting at work.:heehee: I'm going to do those to start.
I tend to keep some swelling in my knee and wear thigh high TEDS at work to help with...
I've been thinking about my flexion that my surgeon measured Tuesday. On my own it was around 107. When he assisted at my shin and femur it was about 115 but at the edge of discomfort. I would love to get that 115 as my comfortable level or even greater.
Has anyone gotten more flexion at this...
Thanks and Happy Nurses day to all of you nurses too.
I love my job even though its often physically and emotionally demanding. Sometimes you just want to bundle up your patient and hug them; and I often hold their hands in those moments. Sometimes you find a kindred soul and know that there...
Thanks everyone. I really do have a wonderful surgeon. When I first got it he encouraged me to be active but he also said high impact activities like running would shorten its life span. So I walk for exercise. There are plenty things we can do for fun and exercise without beating them up.
I...
:loveshwr:Yippee!! My knee is ok and I did not damage it only stretched the ligaments. That is why it is sore. Manual exam is normal. X-rays showed good cement contact with all components with no gaps. Poly is fine. He said the soreness is where I hyperextended it a little. He said he has seen...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.