Recent content by Knees4Me

  1. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    Thanks, @Josephine. Not sure which word you meant to use rather than ‘memory’. My GP just told me injections are expensive. It may be hard to get a doctor who’ll even give me a cortisone shot! But I’m willing to try anything once to get some relief from this chronic pain. And my other arthritic...
  2. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @Josephine - What do you suggest would work to relieve pre-patellar bursitis pain...more than 2½ years post TKR? Thanks!
  3. Knees4Me

    TKR Loosening of implant.

    @bookread Have you had that revision surgery yet? After a knee ultrasound recently, I was diagnosed with “pre-patellar bursitis,” a bursa under my kneecap and effusion or swelling. Apparently, my kneecap (patella) does not track properly. This all adds up to pain from the time I get up in the...
  4. Knees4Me

    Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

    @rightsidelimper - I wish you every success with your revision surgery and a very quick recovery! You deserve some luck after your long ordeal. I’ll be watching the posts about your progress closely. I sympathize because I’ve had pain every day since I had RTKR surgery more than two years ago. I...
  5. Knees4Me

    TKR One year out and still hot and painful

    @melfair - i haven’t posted in a while but I still check in sometimes. I totally sympathize with you, my friend, since I had total left knee replacement surgery on Jan. 2017. I still have pain, swelling and some heat on the lateral side when I roll over, go down stairs, walk very far or even...
  6. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @Josephine @Jamie - Thank you both for your sage advice. I had my one-year review this past week. I had understood from my orthopedic surgeon - when I saw her in October about my continuing pain - that she may have to do a revision because my X-rays showed a very slight tibial tray overhang. She...
  7. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @Jamie - It's such a small world! Two days ago a friend asked me, because it looks like I'll need a revision, if I'd like her to get the name of the surgeon another of her friends had perform a successful TKR. I said yes, please, because I want a second opinion, preferably with a revision...
  8. Knees4Me

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    @jaschembra and @Kayaknlady - You two Missouri ladies do inspire me with your positive outlooks, although I know you each had a different recovery. I do get down in the dumps at times, because I didn't sign up for this setback...but you make me realize that I have no choice but to keep looking...
  9. Knees4Me

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    @Kayaknlady - I'm 68 - only two years younger than you, and I felt tremendous pain... Both for about three months post-op and now with continuing chronic pain. I can't tell you how positive I was before this surgery! I was persuaded by the doctors that TKRs were a panacea for arthritic knees. I...
  10. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @Josephine - Thanks for your advice, as usual. I think that was another person who was going to send you X-rays. I can't download them from the hospital's intranet site onto my iPad or iPhone. My desktop computer has been out of commission, but if I get it going, I'll try to post the images to...
  11. Knees4Me

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    @Kayaknlady - I know envy is a sin, but I'm jealous of your new knees! I'm more than one year post-op for a LTKR, in worse pain than before surgery and facing a revision. I also have a bone-on-bone arthritic right knee that knees replacing and thought I'd be recovering nicely from that by now...
  12. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @Josephine - Ah, would that I were a celebrity! But I'm just an ordinary 68-year-old woman with a still-painful artificial knee, more than one year after LTKR surgery. @Josephine @Celle @Jamie - I see my OS on Thursday for my one-year review. I know we'll be talking about a revision. Should I...
  13. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @Jamie - Don't worry! You did your best and I really appreciate your suggestion. You weren't to know that OS was affiliated with mine. I'm inclined to wait for the "top knee guy" in town to see me - or to try and get in to see him if he has a cancellation. What do you think? I want to make sure...
  14. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @KarriB - I intend to try. I plan to do everything possible to advocate for myself, believe me! I should have done MUCH more of that in the first place, but I might not have gone for TKR if I'd known how wrong it could go!
  15. Knees4Me

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    @glasgowolf - That long post of mine that you reposted was from a year ago, Jan. 20, 2017. It was mistakenly posted by a fellow Bonesmartie, but I see it has since been deleted. As you may have surmised by now, I'm about to go to my OS next week for my one-year review (slightly delayed by a...
Back
Top Bottom