Recent content by kneegone

  1. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @ptmhcm, Hi there, How are you doing now? I'm on long island too and had mine done by Dr David Mayman at HSS! small world. I've heard of your doctor.
  2. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Hi Shmi47, my knee still swells with activity and my ROM seems to have stalled. I'm walking, climbing, normally. A little dancing, tennis and all is well. I'm finally feeling like I can do more painless activity vs. b4 surgery, but the swelling is still there. Please let me know what the...
  3. K

    TKR Anxiety about TKR - now it's done!

    Hi Jenng2003, I had mine tkr a couple of weeks b4 u and my recovery has not been as quick as I would like it, although I am walking, climbing stairs, and playing a little tennis and even dancing.... my knee however is still swollen and swells up with activity, so therefore, the ROM has not...
  4. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @vinny, thanks, I'll look into it. It hurts me to kneel though. When I left PT, I had 122 ROM, and I've improved some, that's why I think I have between 125-130. Some days, it seems that I do regress, as everyone here knows because of the swelling. I'm wondering when do you stop swelling...
  5. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @naynay30 yrs. I know at 7 weeks, I was pretty depressed and the pain seemed never to go away. It seemed like my knee never would get better. But then very slowly, it did. The recovery was slow for me and I'm not there yet. But I slowly got rid of the walker, then the cane, then the meds...
  6. K

    TKR Constant Pain after 9 weeks TKR

    @Josephine, your healing is amazing!
  7. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @Clipless, yes my scar is dark brown, purplish. Several months ago, it was lighter and did turn colors. I thought I was imagining, but then I looked at some earlier pics and the scar actually looked better 4 months ago..... ;( I thought I had a keloid, but I don't it is. I'm asian, so maybe...
  8. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @vinny, yeah, my tennis opponents unfortunately know I can't run down balls and use it to their advantage, lol. @pumpkin, unfortunately my scar is dark brown and bumpy, looking like dots and dashes. I'm wondering if the surgeon had someone else do the stitches. As far as my ROM, it is my...
  9. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @Jaime, is there a way to lump bonesmarties thread by timeline? I'm always searching for those who had the surgery around the same time I had mine....
  10. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @jaime, how do I change the name of this thread?
  11. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Hi all, I'm 8 months out and still stiff. It seems like the stiffness is not gonna go away. I also don't have feeling on the lower quad of my knee area. Sometimes I would have sharp pin prickly feeling there, but lately, that doesn't happen anymore. I'm thinking I will never have feeling...
  12. K

    TKR Constant Pain after 9 weeks TKR

    @speccybecky, yeah, I mistakenly thought I would have a "Brand new knee", while its really a "replacement knee" and you can't expect it to perform like a real knee.
  13. K

    TKR Constant Pain after 9 weeks TKR

    @ways & means, Hi Susan, I was in alot of pain the first 3 months also. I'm also in NYC and was told by my surgeon after the first month visit, to come back a year later and I had a huge blister too. It was clear fluid though. Oddly, it was below my stitches. I also had huge black/blue marks...
  14. K

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @sabbath, which knee are you going to get? Lol, I said it was worse than childbirth and I had two really bad ones! First one, about 30 hrs, then c section and then 2nd one, labor over 3 days, on and off, then pitocin which kills, then another c section. But knee surgery pain and recovery was...
  15. K

    when do you give up and surrender?

    @sabbath, good luck with your surgery. Knowing and being prepared for the rehab helps. I probably didn't realize how hard it was going to be. I never had anything done where it took months to heal. Sometimes, the pain felt endless, but sure enough it is better. Not 100%, but I'd say 75-80%...
Back
Top Bottom