I am going to schedule the cortisone shot, but I am guessing I will end up getting the surgery too. Even though I am not getting a replacement I am grateful for all the great advice about icing, ROM, PT from all on the board.
When is your surgery?
Sorry to hear you are going through this.
So much of recovery is mental. We compare ourselves to others, and get discouraged. We push ourselves because we feel good, then feel more pain later. Don't forget we are like toddlers learning how to walk, after getting new knees and years of pain...
Check with your doctor/insurance company. I was sent home from the hospital with a Breg Polar Care Kodiak machine. I never saw a bill for it, so I am guessing it was covered by insurance and/or built into the hospital/doctor bill.
If you do get an ice machine. I suggest making ice blocks...
Thank you @Mojo333 . I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. It is the same one that did my knees. So I guess I will know tomorrow if it is one or two. He told me a few years ago that the left hip will need to be replaced eventually, so I know that one has to go. It is the right...
I had my surgery on a Friday, the following Monday I was sent to a rehab hospital and I was weighed. I had gained 20 lbs. That is all swelling. I had gained about 10 lbs in each leg from all that swelling. So, you have gained weight and in each leg and that is why you feel fat and cannot bend...
Ice and elevation are your best friends.
Once your swelling goes down you will be able to bend those knees. It is like trying to bend a cucumber vs. a string bean.
Can someone bring you some lavender lotion or pillow spray? Many people use this for insomnia. Don't put it anywhere near...
Thank you @Mojo333 - That makes me feel better. I just remember leaving my inpatient rehab after my knee replacement and facing 12 steps to get to the house. They had me practice steps in the rehab, but they were only 6" steps and my steps at home were 8"
I was chomping at the bit to drive after my BTKR. I really needed the painkillers, but I really wanted my independence back too, so I was happy when I was off the meds & allowed back behind the wheel. I am hoping that I am not in a situation where I am off the pain pills, but not allowed to...
I have an appointment with my surgeon next week and I am anticipating that he will recommend replacement of at least my left hip.
I have a question about stairs if I do need both hips done.
I have 13 stairs to get into my house, how is someone supposed to handle stairs with 2 new hips?
Also I...
I started to pay attention to the noise in the knee. It is not really a click, but a grinding coming from behind the kneecap. It is loud enough to be heard by other people in the room. So I called the doc and will let him listen to it on Friday.
Kathleen
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.