Recent content by kneedude1

  1. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    Just had the spacer exchange. Noticeable improvement in stability, but still there to some degree. If I put my knee in 90 degrees and move it back and forth I can still hear it clunking. Do you guys have this? I guess it's just something I have to accept. Hopefully it's stable enough to at least...
  2. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    Hi Everyone -- So I will be having a spacer revision tomorrow at HSS which should help solve my instability issue. I actually hung out with some friends yesterday and we walked all around NYC (about 2 miles according to my apple watch) and they told me they couldn't see any limp, only a bit...
  3. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @Jamie thank you, that makes more sense. I did speak to my surgeon over the phone and he did say the plastic spacer size could be adjusted in the hinged similar to a standard -- the trade off is ROM. I'll let you guys know what he says when I see him Tuesday. They scheduled me for a last minute...
  4. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @Josephine can you please elaborate why not? You have said in other posts for people that have laxity that a larger spacer helps, why wouldn't this help in my case. Can you please explain why your opinion is what it is? What do you mean the latitude will make it unacceptable? I'm not...
  5. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @Josephine Sorry I don't understand what you mean by this. Unacceptable or not possible? Can you please elaborate. Your response scares me, I don't understand why this wouldn't fix the issue. If there's play in the knee, a larger spacer decreases that play. Then the problem is solved.
  6. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    Hello Bonesmart Friends, Please read this post fully. And please help me. I'm losing hope. I've gotten to the point where I'm almost embarrassed to explain my complications, because I feel as though I have made poor decisions in choosing surgeons, and also the complications have gotten so...
  7. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    Hey @pumpkin thanks for reaching out. I'm still at the hospital and haven't been discharged yet. HSS is such a great hospital by the way. The care far exceeds anything I've encountered. As far as the surgery, the doc says everything went well and he thinks I'll be able to resume a normal life...
  8. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    Fortunately not. I have a barpartite patella. Surgery is on Monday.. wish me luck. I pray that this saga will come to a pleasant end. I think I'm going to avoid any physical therapy for at least 8 weeks (except for ROM stuff) to let everything take a break and heal. Can build muscle later. Any...
  9. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @Celle. Here you go! This is the only image I have because I took the picture with my phone after the x ray
  10. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    Hi everyone, I was hoping you could give me some advice on why my patella is hurting so badly. I have attached my recent x ray to this. I think it is maltracking. If you agree do you know how this is managed? Like I said my knee has been put into valgus by the old knee replacement. The revision...
  11. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @pumpkin and @Celle thank you to you both. Do you know any others that have a hinged and not just a stem? Seems that Roy doesn't have a hinge which I'm sure has a different expectation.
  12. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @pumpkin thanks for this. How can I read about @Roy Gardiner 's knee? Has he posted anything regarding his experience that I could use as a potential baseline? More of a question on how to navigate this forum..
  13. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @Jamie Thank you for the insights. I do appreciate everyones advice. Thanks @Celle. I also wanted to ask if anyone has insights into which prosthesis are the best or have proven longevity. I have decided to go with the hinged per my surgeons advice, but want to open the dialogue to choosing a...
  14. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @Jamie I'm not sure. I'm a unique case so I don't think either of them are taking my age into consideration. So can you comment on the skill set of either? I just want to make sure I'm choosing the best surgeon.
  15. K

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    @Celle I don't have an x ray on me, but the surgeon showed it to me and my femur is behind my tibia. I agree it is unusual, but I have an unusual case. If nothing is done I could potentially get nerve damage due to the dislocation. Is there someone on this forum that can give me insights into...
Back
Top Bottom