Recent content by KMLknee

  1. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @sistersinhim it is making it really hard to stand for any length of time. I have been stretching and stretching but I don't think it's helping. I'm just very frustrated.
  2. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @Bikeknit I hope so, I really need the encouragement of others experience. Especially since I was at zero and reverted back to 1-2 degrees. Thank you for your support.
  3. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    Hello knee warriors. I saw my surgeon today for my 6mo Rt knee/ 3mo Lt knee follow up. He's overall happy with my progress. My flexion is 127° in each. I want to get to 130°-135° but he says 127 is great. My extension is lacking in both knees by 1-2° He says I'm at 97% functional and while it...
  4. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @ihavetwins thank you. Since we are at the same place in our journey, are you doing well? I keep thinking I should feel better by now. I didn't have this much pain at this point with the first one.
  5. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    I'm sorry I didn't get back with an update. I saw my surgeon Friday. I have fluid under my patella that is keeping it raised and it is interfering with the tracking. But he says it's not enough to aspirate. He told me to rest and reduce intensity of PT since my ROM is good. I told him I haven't...
  6. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    Hi everyone, I have an appointment with the surgeon in the morning. I haven't been to PT in almost 2 weeks, I haven't done anything beyond daily activities. The last 6 or 7 days have been awful. I have constant pain in my left knee mostly under my patella. It is almost always a 7-8 on the pain...
  7. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @Jaycey Yes I have but only once a day. I'll take your advice and stop for a few days and see what happens. Thank you for your help. I'm just over it all.
  8. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @Jaycey I'm just doing heel slides, quad sets, static stretches, and straight leg raises at home. I've been doing those from the beginning so nothing new. I'm only doing PT twice a week and not letting them physically touch me this time. I can't figure it out. It's truly a balancing act isn't...
  9. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    Happy Monday. I'm 6.5 weeks post op and have been in really bad pain for over a week now. I saw my surgeon Thursday and mentioned it, he asked if I was still taking prescription pain meds and I wasn't. He prescribed a low dose to take at night or prior to PT. Well.... it hasn't helped at all. I...
  10. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    Good morning everyone. I just wanted to report in. I saw my OS for my 6 week post op visit yesterday. He said I "got an A" on my progress report. He is very pleased with where I am at this point. I however am not pleased. I have lost 2° of extension in my left knee and am at about a 4° at rest...
  11. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @newlybionic , @Muldoh , I am not having trouble really walking heel to toe. The problem is with standing. I'm able to walk normally I've just noticed that my stride is shorter than before the surgeries. I'm ok with that I guess, just more steps to get where I'm going, lol. I figure that will...
  12. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    Hello all. I just wanted to check in. Overall I am doing great. Not sure if my exact numbers as one therapist measured me at 0/125° in left knee (newest) and 9/120° on the right. While a newer therapist measured me at 0/116 in the left and 0/125 on the right. First therapist is Doctor of PT so I...
  13. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @Starsfan22 I'll be glad when I get there. It's getting a little easier though. Send to take a two days instead of 4. Lol But it's cool and raining here today so now they both hurt. I thought maybe after surgery the weather related pain would get better. I guess not. :bawl:
  14. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @Bikeknit Lol, parent management, that's funny. She called today to thank me again and to apologise for having me "do too much". I'm glad I was able to take her, she really enjoyed getting out. Last night was rough, but today I'm in less pain than I expected. Manageable with Tylenol. Still a...
  15. KMLknee

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @Dizzy they did have an in house hairdresser until Covid, and then it has just been essential employees. However, it didn't matter. She will only go to her hairdresser. My mother is something else.
Back
Top Bottom