Recent content by Kmhefner

  1. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    I am almost to the 1 month mark post op! I am doing very well with walking and PT. I've seemed to pull something in my upper back having to rely on my upper body more with getting in and out of bed, the toilet, etc... Ice and heat do not seem to be helping it any. I may go see a chiropractor if...
  2. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    @Josephine Would you be able to comment on my last post about what would be safe to put on my skin around the incision? Thank you in advance!
  3. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    Hey does anyone have a suggestion of what's safe to put on my skin around the incision? From the swelling and bandages, that have now been removed, it's all dry. I also lost some skin from the tegaderm :( Other than that I'm doing great overall! I was released to drive and I've transitioned to...
  4. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Layla and @SurreyGirl! I am at a point where I can just lift my leg into bed and the car with my arms. A perk of having this done so young! I washed my hair just now and I have so many new baby silvers growing in from the surgery trauma. :old:
  5. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    @Eman85 thank you for making me laugh!:heehee:
  6. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    @Mojo333 thank you! I really love the support this forum has offered me. You all have been amazing!
  7. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    I have two sets of those lovely gel ice packs that I was given on the day of discharge. I just rotate them through the freezer. I have ice on anytime at home and sitting or laying down.
  8. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    It's good to know that the log leg is a common occurrence. I'm hoping it goes away soon. I'm two weeks post op, but at this point I'm quite thankful that I have at least 6 more weeks off work.
  9. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    Just an update on my recovery. I've started PT, today will be my 4th session and Tuesday will be my follow up appointment. My mobility is great I am still using a walker just to ensure I take proper steps rather than create a limp. I can do small steps without the walker, but they are not the...
  10. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    I tried reading yesterday, but I was definitely foggy. Today not so much since I'm trying to do 1 Norco every 4 hours. I was sent home with lovely gel packs that I have been rotating through the freezer. @Layla
  11. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    @Josephine thank you I just went over it without skimming this time!
  12. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    Had my first night's sleep at home. I have learned I will need to keep a pillow under my operated leg due to how firm our bed is, it killed my heel until I decided to try the pillow.
  13. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    @Alitm I wish you a smooth recovery! The OT in the hospital didn't want me to get a sock aid. She said it was silly to pay for something I would use less than a week. I do think I still want to get a shoe horn and long handle sponge. My husband made me envious by showering this evening lol!
  14. Kmhefner

    THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

    @Beanie18 they have me just at 1-2 Norco every 4-6 hours as needed. I was really sore today from all the walking I did yesterday. I will be like you and have to make myself take it easy!
Back
Top Bottom